GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"chuck England out of Euro 2004"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/06/04 at 10:56
Regular
"relocated"
Go on, do it. Do it now.

England fans riot for the 2nd night in a row. What a surprise. I mean, I really thought that those banning orders and the co-operation between English and Portugese police would have prevented any trouble. No, wait, I didn't because this happens every single time.

See:

Burberry moron horde + beer + dirty foreigners taunting Burberry moron horde with their 'faaahny langwidge' and sophisticated ways = FIGHTS, BOTTLINGS, FLYING CHAIRS & UNPROVOKED ATTACK

And, surprise surprise, it's not the English fans fault. Burberry mouth opens: "Nah, guv'nor, nuffink to do wif us. Them police on their 'orses dun it. Truncheons flyin' everywhere. Bish bash bosh, right on me balls - how am I gonna impregnate my own sister now? I wanna breed more little hooli...FANS, you know? Bleedin' foreigners! I'll kill 'em, kill 'em all."

But there's more. BBC reporter - impartial, even-handed BBC reporter - talks over footage of mounted police dragging thugs from the riot:

"But there's blame on both sides."

No there bloody isn't! A mob of drunken thugs start flinging tables through windows. So that's England fans, not the police, who are breaking the law. The police have to respond. I've seen hooligans in action, there is only one way to deal with them, and it isn't saying, "Oh, so you've been throwing tables, intimidating and attacking people. Well, that's not very nice but let's think about WHY you threw that table. Let's talk about your feelings and your troubled childhood. Why are you biting me?"

Hooligans in a group want a fight, and they'll pick one with inanimate objects, innocent bystanders or the police. And once they have picked a fight then I've got no problem with the police charging in to protect innocent people and their property. If some gormless lout gets truncheoned upside the head and lands in hospital then good, he deserved it. And if some innocent England fan also gets truncheoned upside the head then...well, ooops, sorry mate, but ask yourself this: what were you doing in a mob of baying hooligans? It's blatantly obvious when trouble is about to kick off: walk away, find another bar.

But this happens every time. And unless something changes then we'll see the same riots and fights in Germany in 2006 - because England get followed around Europe by violent, intimidating thugs.

So kick England out of the tournament. People might learn their lesson. Not the thugs, who are incapable of learning, but the other people, who tolerate English supporters singing "I'd rather be a p*ki than a Turk". Kick them out. Kick them out. Kick them out now.
Fri 18/06/04 at 15:14
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> Incidentally, there were more than 12 arrests. There were another 34
> elsewhere, with 33 of them being English.
>
> 46 people... that sounds more like a riot.

Weren't all those arrests at various different sites?
Fri 18/06/04 at 15:10
Regular
i have to agree. no offense but i think a very good example of this behaviour is seen in england's current star striker... rooney.
man that guy needs medication or something
Fri 18/06/04 at 12:24
"I love yo... lamp."
Incidentally, there were more than 12 arrests. There were another 34 elsewhere, with 33 of them being English.

46 people... that sounds more like a riot.
Fri 18/06/04 at 09:09
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Oh and I desperately want your respect, don't get me started on people
> who think they have friends and respect over the net.
>
> Fricking hilarious.

Heh. As opposed to those people who are so socially developed that they take time to boast on a chatboard about how people who post on chatboards are beneath them ...
Fri 18/06/04 at 09:05
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
maddmun wrote:
>
> It's only been 3 whole days sicne the only game played, these riots
> will continue. No matter what.

Erm...they don't seem to have continued...
Thu 17/06/04 at 18:34
Regular
cRaCkHeAd wrote:
> the simpson wrote:
> cRaCkHeAd wrote:
> France to win
>
> TRAITER!!!1
>
> It was a joke dumb ass

Your all TRAITERZ!!!
Thu 17/06/04 at 17:39
Regular
"Cosmic..."
Whats a staff temp?
Wed 16/06/04 at 23:30
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I riot, by definition only needs around 12 people acting together in such a way as that their behaviour would cause a person of reasonable firmness present to fear for their safety.

The reason they aren't declared as riots and are classed as violent disorders is because if it's a riot the local authority has to pay for any damages.

I know stuff. Yus.
Wed 16/06/04 at 23:21
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I take it you've seen the videos of the 300-400 odd people all lining the streets, chucking bottles at police and trying to break through bar-room doors and windows using tables and chairs, then. That's pretty much within the confines of my definition of the word 'riot'.

Can't be bothered to flick back and check, but I think the idea of officially announcing that any more trouble from English fans would result in their expulsion is probably not a bad course of action. Of course, there's always the possibility that they'd then be goaded even more so by other fans, but such is life.
Wed 16/06/04 at 21:50
Regular
Azul wrote:
> Quinty wrote:
> There were 12 arrests. TWELVE arrests.
> Hardly a riot is it?
>
> Yes, because the amount of people arrested depicts how many people
> were rioting...

Gives some sort of indication though doesn't it? Besides, the word riot is associated with an extreme eruption (hmmm sp) of violence, well at least ive always associated it with examples like the Mayday 'riots'.

> Besides, if you weren't at the place where it happened how can you
> presume it wasnt police brutality which incited a lot of it?
>
> Because oddly enough, that's the excuse they always use. And this
> isn't the only thing going around, you know. Others are saying that
> isn't the case at all.

Thats irrelavent (sp again) too. Anything could of happened, you do not know, so why jump to conclusions?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.