GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Your "Mercenaries Moments""

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mercenaries'.
Thu 24/02/05 at 16:07
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
In a mobile rocket launcher with NK passengers - one on the gun. We spy an enemy, ram him and he drives off, we chase. My bloke fires at the vehicle, but we're going downhill and we go past our own rocket! Then we ram the enemy up a small ramp, they fly up into the air, we brake, the rocket hits him mid-air, he explodes and the debris + bodies fall down into a canyon. Yes.

Place C4 on a car. Get in a helicopter and winch the car in the air. Fly towards the enemy, but release quite early with plenty of swing. Car goes miles, crash helicopter and jump out. Car bounces down the road, whip out the detonator and BOOM!

Surgically striking the wrong buildings...

Placing a pile of cars and a helicopter on a pile of C4. I couldn't find the helicopter afterwards, and one of the cars went clean over a building and landed on someone.

Placing C4 in the road, driving fast towards it, jumping out and detonating as he car passes over.

Winching a UN armoured car in a helicopter that isn't powerful enough to lift it properly - you can squish people all over the roads.

Winching cars full of NK soldiers, then throwing them at other helcopters and into the sea/bridges/buildings/anything.

This game rules more than anything. Looks great, plays great, and the explosions are phenomonal.
Fri 25/02/05 at 16:22
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Many many great momens, just abit pieced off trying to do the first ace contract.
Thu 24/02/05 at 17:10
Regular
I tried using the winch on one of those large Allied transport choppers in mid air on an inflight NK chopper. It was working fine at first, the driver of the other chopper turned his blades off, then suddenly he had a spasm and flew straight up into the bottom of my helicopter and we both crashed.

There was another time when I flew up to the top of a building and planted 4 pieces of C4 on the roof. Just as I was about to fly off and blow it up some tw@t started shooting me, thinking I'd changed my weapon to sniper rifle I go to shoot him back but instead blow the C4 up with me standing on top of it. My guy flew fooking miles up in the air along with my helicopter which looked hella funny.

Oh and last night I lined up about 10 Lorries in the middle of a road. Got one of the Korean Delivery trucks and planted 8 bits of C4 on the back then drove it into the lorries and blew it up.

Oh and using those Allied transport choppers to lift up buses is a hell of a lot of fun. Specially making them fly off into buildings or dropping them on pedestrians.
Thu 24/02/05 at 16:07
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
In a mobile rocket launcher with NK passengers - one on the gun. We spy an enemy, ram him and he drives off, we chase. My bloke fires at the vehicle, but we're going downhill and we go past our own rocket! Then we ram the enemy up a small ramp, they fly up into the air, we brake, the rocket hits him mid-air, he explodes and the debris + bodies fall down into a canyon. Yes.

Place C4 on a car. Get in a helicopter and winch the car in the air. Fly towards the enemy, but release quite early with plenty of swing. Car goes miles, crash helicopter and jump out. Car bounces down the road, whip out the detonator and BOOM!

Surgically striking the wrong buildings...

Placing a pile of cars and a helicopter on a pile of C4. I couldn't find the helicopter afterwards, and one of the cars went clean over a building and landed on someone.

Placing C4 in the road, driving fast towards it, jumping out and detonating as he car passes over.

Winching a UN armoured car in a helicopter that isn't powerful enough to lift it properly - you can squish people all over the roads.

Winching cars full of NK soldiers, then throwing them at other helcopters and into the sea/bridges/buildings/anything.

This game rules more than anything. Looks great, plays great, and the explosions are phenomonal.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.