GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Your "Mercenaries Moments""

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mercenaries'.
Thu 24/02/05 at 16:07
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
In a mobile rocket launcher with NK passengers - one on the gun. We spy an enemy, ram him and he drives off, we chase. My bloke fires at the vehicle, but we're going downhill and we go past our own rocket! Then we ram the enemy up a small ramp, they fly up into the air, we brake, the rocket hits him mid-air, he explodes and the debris + bodies fall down into a canyon. Yes.

Place C4 on a car. Get in a helicopter and winch the car in the air. Fly towards the enemy, but release quite early with plenty of swing. Car goes miles, crash helicopter and jump out. Car bounces down the road, whip out the detonator and BOOM!

Surgically striking the wrong buildings...

Placing a pile of cars and a helicopter on a pile of C4. I couldn't find the helicopter afterwards, and one of the cars went clean over a building and landed on someone.

Placing C4 in the road, driving fast towards it, jumping out and detonating as he car passes over.

Winching a UN armoured car in a helicopter that isn't powerful enough to lift it properly - you can squish people all over the roads.

Winching cars full of NK soldiers, then throwing them at other helcopters and into the sea/bridges/buildings/anything.

This game rules more than anything. Looks great, plays great, and the explosions are phenomonal.
Sat 12/03/05 at 08:37
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Hedfix wrote:
> Just slogged it up a hill fighting tank after tank and copter after
> copter to find there's nothing at the top when I finally get there
> half an hour later.

I think I know the place, luckily I flew there so I didn't have to go through that hassle, but there should have been a blueprint's box and lost treasure. You'll have to go back up and see... :P
Thu 10/03/05 at 22:22
Regular
it's such a great game it needs to be multiplayer. with two x-boxes and a co-op mode, it'd be reason enough to lose a job or fail a degree.
Thu 10/03/05 at 08:48
Regular
"8==="
Just slogged it up a hill fighting tank after tank and copter after copter to find there's nothing at the top when I finally get there half an hour later.

It's like the bit in The Longest Day when they go to destroy the biggest gun and then find out it hasn't been installed yet!

Mabye something nasty'll turn up there later and I'll have to go do it again: if so... uh... FIX!!! :D
Thu 10/03/05 at 07:15
Regular
"8==="
Simple one:

Driving up and down a small hill then half way up another being tailed by the chinese whilst rescuing a hostage.

I jumped out, the truck carried on for about 20/30m and over the hill comes the little chinese vehicle looking like an airport luggage thing that drives people through airports.

Anyway I have my sniper-rifle shoot the driver as it comes over the hill and as the vehicle swerves out of control I take out the gunner.

The whole thing went off with a SAS style of military precision it was very movie-like. I was dead chuffed as I got in to the van again and me and the hostage cooly drove off.

Not very destructive, just very cool and filmic.

Other than that:

Taking down a card whilst he was being filmed by a camera crew. I stealthily sniped the guard patrolling round the filimg without raising the alarm then sneaked up behind the card and took him down right on camera!

Sitting in the bushes, like Sam Fisher, doing air strikes on a mafia controlled zone because I felt like it. Levelled two city blocks worth of buildings with precision strikes.
Mon 07/03/05 at 21:28
Regular
"Arf. Arf. Arf. Arf."
Mon 07/03/05 at 21:10
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
illphukiir wrote:
> Is it on L!VE?

I'm afraid not.
Mon 07/03/05 at 21:09
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
"your name here" wrote:
> when it touched me intimately and told me it was 'our little secret'

Your Uncle is a mercenary?
Mon 07/03/05 at 21:04
Regular
"Arf. Arf. Arf. Arf."
Is it on L!VE?
Mon 07/03/05 at 19:54
Regular
I had an excellent moment where I spotted a T-54, an NK Sangri Scout and a handful of troops at the top of a hill. I was in a Chinese Land-Rover-esque Scout. They were pointing away from me, but rather than waste RPG rounds on them, I thought I'd be seriously cheeky and drive around the road block.

The grin was wiped from my face when I hit some uneven ground and landed the Jeep upside down, about 5 metres in front of the T-54. Profanity was expressed at the ridiculously none-urgent way my character went about getting out of the doomed wreckage. Several seconds later and a tank round sent me straight to hell.

It's one of them games where even losing is sometimes fun.
Fri 25/02/05 at 19:11
"Tesco value"
when it touched me intimately and told me it was 'our little secret'

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.