GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Your "Mercenaries Moments""

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mercenaries'.
Thu 24/02/05 at 16:07
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
In a mobile rocket launcher with NK passengers - one on the gun. We spy an enemy, ram him and he drives off, we chase. My bloke fires at the vehicle, but we're going downhill and we go past our own rocket! Then we ram the enemy up a small ramp, they fly up into the air, we brake, the rocket hits him mid-air, he explodes and the debris + bodies fall down into a canyon. Yes.

Place C4 on a car. Get in a helicopter and winch the car in the air. Fly towards the enemy, but release quite early with plenty of swing. Car goes miles, crash helicopter and jump out. Car bounces down the road, whip out the detonator and BOOM!

Surgically striking the wrong buildings...

Placing a pile of cars and a helicopter on a pile of C4. I couldn't find the helicopter afterwards, and one of the cars went clean over a building and landed on someone.

Placing C4 in the road, driving fast towards it, jumping out and detonating as he car passes over.

Winching a UN armoured car in a helicopter that isn't powerful enough to lift it properly - you can squish people all over the roads.

Winching cars full of NK soldiers, then throwing them at other helcopters and into the sea/bridges/buildings/anything.

This game rules more than anything. Looks great, plays great, and the explosions are phenomonal.
Fri 06/08/10 at 15:03
Regular
cooooooooooooooooooooooool!
Sun 13/03/05 at 10:17
Regular
I love triple punching the back of peeps heads. It reminds me of the olden days when I roamed North East England doing in prostitutes with my trusty hammer. I managed to get that sucker Peter Sutcliffe banged up for it instead.
Sun 13/03/05 at 10:07
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
I took a civilian car and went for an off roading experience across the moutain ranges and farmland. Totally awesome although it did end in me crashing down the water fall and drowning. I've learnt never do anything similiar with the Chinese scout jeep: as soon as it flips it implodes.
Sat 12/03/05 at 15:40
Regular
"8==="
Didn't know bridges were destructible.

*Gets working on several evil plans*
Sat 12/03/05 at 15:35
Regular
In 'downed bird in an enemy nest' I was driving 3 pilots to safety in my american humvee. While taking a short cut down a dirt track, I arrived at a narrow bridge doing full speed. Those sneaky NK blew the bridge about 0.5 seconds before I got to it. The pilots? They're with god now.
Sat 12/03/05 at 08:53
Regular
"8==="
Yeah I went to the hill on the left of the complex and sniped the ace, then opened up my box of tricks and threw everything I had at the base.

I was also worried the ace might have tried to run up the radioactive path to the big gun that's behind the complex and I didn't fancy chasing him up there because I'd have to get out my vehicle to get him and would have got microwaved in the process.
Sat 12/03/05 at 08:50
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Must have taken me about the same amount of attempts, maybe more, so I wasn't fussed about just taking his photo rather than capturing him. I spent a lot of money on calling in my Mafia friends to deliver me the armoured APC, which is actually useless against their armour in that compound, so that was a waste but luckily the airstrikes were at hand. ;)
Sat 12/03/05 at 08:46
Regular
"8==="
Silent Thunder wrote:
> A slightly frustrating moment was when I had successfully captured all
> the Diamonds and was on the Ace contract and had him in my sights and
> the plan was to take him a live too. But the base was heavily guarded
> so I used careful planning to take out all the surrounding tanks and
> a few infantry. But one of the bombs went slightly off course hitting
> a near by crane and by the time I got down there the Ace was laying
> crushed beneath it. Ah well, fun mission still. :D

Yeah just did that last night, took me about 10 goes as there weren't enough tanks to hop between. He does seem to move under that crane, I just sniped him because the mission was a pain the ass. :D
Sat 12/03/05 at 08:44
Regular
"8==="
Silent Thunder wrote:
> Hedfix wrote:
> Just slogged it up a hill fighting tank after tank and copter after
> copter to find there's nothing at the top when I finally get there
> half an hour later.
>
> I think I know the place, luckily I flew there so I didn't have to go
> through that hassle, but there should have been a blueprint's box and
> lost treasure. You'll have to go back up and see... :P

I did go back up, I think the 10 of diamonds was up there once the sets had changed. I managed to wreck 2 helicopters doing it too. :D

Bang goes a miliion bucks.
Sat 12/03/05 at 08:41
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
A slightly frustrating moment was when I had successfully captured all the Diamonds and was on the Ace contract and had him in my sights and the plan was to take him a live too. But the base was heavily guarded so I used careful planning to take out all the surrounding tanks and a few infantry. But one of the bombs went slightly off course hitting a near by crane and by the time I got down there the Ace was laying crushed beneath it. Ah well, fun mission still. :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.