GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Right then"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/02/05 at 17:20
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I've had it with SW Galaxies.
I've been playing since December, slowly progressing until I reached Master Marksman and decided to pursue the Jedi initiation.
Now this takes a lot of work, a lot of travelling and a lot of quests.
The Rebel quests have taken me 2 days so far, and today was another update/patch.
Which has screwed the game beyond tolerance.
As a rebel, you have the option of Covert or Overt. Overt means you're open to attack from Imperial NPCs (Stormtroopers, AT-STs etc), and I didnt want that so I was covert.
Nicely doing my thing.
But the patch today removes overt/covert and replaces with
Special Forces - All can attack you including other players
Combatant - All Imperial NPCs attack on sight
On Leave - No attacks from NPCs or player.

So logging on, I'm promptly attacked and killed by 13 Stormtroopers at once. I think "Wtf?" and get cloned. Realise I have to declare myself "On Leave" so that Imperials dont attack on sight (and they're everywhere).
Go to Rebel Base to continue the quests for Jedi and?...."You must be a member of the Rebel Alliance to enter"
???????????????????????
I can only continue these quests, I'm 2 days in, if I allow myself to be attacked by each and every NPC around?
But this has taken me almost a month to get this far, this is dumb.
Ok, I'll declare myself Combatant so I can carry on.
BANG, 11 Imperials kill me in 15seconds flat.
I go back to Cloning Station and? Imperials outside, kill me again.
I get killed 8 times in 5 minutes, I cannot move without being attacked.
I can't continue my Jedi quests without being attacked at every turn.

Balls to it. I'm not tolerating that, it's dumb and has flushed 3 months down the toilet.

So - the point of this post -
I've bought World of Warcraft, installing in a bit.
What's a decent server to look for?
Should I find a guild to join?
What are some of your names to add?

Poxy Lucas, has to choad a previously fun online game just like he loafed over the new movies.
Bah
Thu 24/02/05 at 21:31
Regular
Join Dragonmaw.

I'm thinking you might enjoy Orc or Tauren Warrior/Shaman/Druid.

Warriors are self explanatory, Shamans may be spellcasters but they are tough as well, and still good for melee - one of the most powerful classes overall. Druids are spellcasters that can shapeshift into a bear for combat, and a panther for sneaky stuff.

Don't worry about getting mobbed by the enemy faction, eahc faction has a number of territories, in these places you can't be attacked by other players unless you attack them first.

When you're at more capable levels you will reach contested zones, here factions can attack each other whenever they want. I wouldn't worry about it though, I've hardly ever been ganked by enemy players, and if you play as the Horde you are much more likely to get assistance from friendly players to fight them off.

There is quite a lot to take in and understand, but it's enjoyable and I'm rather addicted to it.
Thu 24/02/05 at 20:53
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I'd demand to get it for free.

I bought a Warcraft game once, actually I got the last one and the expansion. I played the original then a few weeks later played the expansion.

The bloody security code didn't work and I couldn't take it back.
RAAAAR
Thu 24/02/05 at 20:49
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Virgin Megastore.
It didn't occur to me to demand a sealed copy as this has never happened to me before.
But looking now, the box is a bit crushed and the manual thumbed.
I'll return it tomorrow and get a new one, then start being a geek tmrw afternoon.
Thu 24/02/05 at 20:29
Regular
"Touched!"
Where did you get it from? I got it from Game and the case inside the box was all sealed.
Thu 24/02/05 at 19:59
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
satans little helper wrote:
> Make sure you're on the European sigh up page, it goes all crappy if
> you're not.
----

Nope, wont register the game.
Enter the authentication code and it comes up "This authentication key has already been used. Please contact our Account and Billing team via www.wow-europe.com/en/support/"
Grrrr...this is page that comes from the in-game menu.
I know it doesn't say Europe but I can't choose the region
Thu 24/02/05 at 19:57
Regular
"\\"
Goatboy wrote:
> Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
> "This authentication key has already been used. Please contact
> our Account and Billing team via
> www.wow-europe.com/en/support/"

I presume that means it's the Europe one.
Thu 24/02/05 at 19:54
Regular
"Homemade Cherry Pie"
Make sure you're on the European sigh up page, it goes all crappy if you're not.
Thu 24/02/05 at 19:42
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Bet you somebody returned this copy having registered it.
It wasn't sealed or anything. Punks

Have to wait for tomorrow now
Thu 24/02/05 at 19:20
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
"This authentication key has already been used. Please contact our Account and Billing team via www.wow-europe.com/en/support/"

??????????
No it hasn't I just bought this
And phone the technical support line and it tells you the opening hours are 10:30am - 8pm and if you need any further help please call again.

This is goddamn annoying
Thu 24/02/05 at 18:43
Regular
"Touched!"
Galaxies was utter cack. Laggy, poor framerate on a decent spec and the ppl were utter tards. Warcraft is a much better game. I'm going on again now so feel free to add me, same nickname as on here. I'm pretty new myself but after 12 hours I'm almost lvl 10.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.