GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Right then"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/02/05 at 17:20
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I've had it with SW Galaxies.
I've been playing since December, slowly progressing until I reached Master Marksman and decided to pursue the Jedi initiation.
Now this takes a lot of work, a lot of travelling and a lot of quests.
The Rebel quests have taken me 2 days so far, and today was another update/patch.
Which has screwed the game beyond tolerance.
As a rebel, you have the option of Covert or Overt. Overt means you're open to attack from Imperial NPCs (Stormtroopers, AT-STs etc), and I didnt want that so I was covert.
Nicely doing my thing.
But the patch today removes overt/covert and replaces with
Special Forces - All can attack you including other players
Combatant - All Imperial NPCs attack on sight
On Leave - No attacks from NPCs or player.

So logging on, I'm promptly attacked and killed by 13 Stormtroopers at once. I think "Wtf?" and get cloned. Realise I have to declare myself "On Leave" so that Imperials dont attack on sight (and they're everywhere).
Go to Rebel Base to continue the quests for Jedi and?...."You must be a member of the Rebel Alliance to enter"
???????????????????????
I can only continue these quests, I'm 2 days in, if I allow myself to be attacked by each and every NPC around?
But this has taken me almost a month to get this far, this is dumb.
Ok, I'll declare myself Combatant so I can carry on.
BANG, 11 Imperials kill me in 15seconds flat.
I go back to Cloning Station and? Imperials outside, kill me again.
I get killed 8 times in 5 minutes, I cannot move without being attacked.
I can't continue my Jedi quests without being attacked at every turn.

Balls to it. I'm not tolerating that, it's dumb and has flushed 3 months down the toilet.

So - the point of this post -
I've bought World of Warcraft, installing in a bit.
What's a decent server to look for?
Should I find a guild to join?
What are some of your names to add?

Poxy Lucas, has to choad a previously fun online game just like he loafed over the new movies.
Bah
Fri 25/02/05 at 14:03
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I'm guessing every server is pretty much the same - just some enable Pvp while others don't.

I'm half tempted with this.

How much a month?
Fri 25/02/05 at 14:02
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Creepy wrote:
> As someone said:
> Horde = PVP and raiders
> Alliance = Questers and level uppers
---

I am Alliance, Warrior on Dragonmaw.

It's not a hard question I'm asking - will I be purely fighting other players on that server, or does it still have quests/tasks/explorations as per usual?
Fri 25/02/05 at 14:00
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Good, I just need reassuring that I can still partake in quests and wander around without being constantly attacked by Lv284782 Spellbastards.

With SW Galaxies, you did your thing/undertook quests/explored and if you wanted a ruck with another player, had to suggest & accept the combat.
Which meant you could avoid fighting unless you wanted to.
Fri 25/02/05 at 14:00
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
> Right, selected Dragonmaw.
> Level 1 Warrior "Goatboy"
>
> With this being a PvP server, are there still quests and NPCs that I
> can interract with to do stuff and level-up or is it purely PvP?
> Because I'm not interested in simply battling other people, I can
> play CS for that - I want to be able to go off on my own and discover
> stuff/do stuff at my leisure as well as fight.
>
> I'm going for a fag and have a read of the immense manual for a bit.

You should've been alliance for that.

As someone said:
Horde = PVP and raiders
Alliance = Questers and level uppers
Fri 25/02/05 at 13:57
Regular
Though rest assured if you play as a warrior you'll be able to use weapons like the Bearded Great Sword of the Bear + 7 and stuff.
Fri 25/02/05 at 13:54
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Right, selected Dragonmaw.
Level 1 Warrior "Goatboy"

With this being a PvP server, are there still quests and NPCs that I can interract with to do stuff and level-up or is it purely PvP?
Because I'm not interested in simply battling other people, I can play CS for that - I want to be able to go off on my own and discover stuff/do stuff at my leisure as well as fight.

I'm going for a fag and have a read of the immense manual for a bit.
Fri 25/02/05 at 13:49
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Sod the geek speak - is it shallow in an RPG sense?

I mean, after playing a little bit of MMORPG, all I can see you do is run around and click on stuff, rather than directly oredring your character to do actions - i.e in combat, you click 'attack' and then....off it goes.....while offline RPGs do this, you have a hugely varied combat system (usually) that compensates.
Fri 25/02/05 at 13:47
Regular
I have come across no geek-speak either. That's for the RP servers :D

I have encounterd a fair few proper geeks though, who take the game far too seriously.

But not enough to put me off the game. I'm steady enjoying it at my own pace. I'm a level 18 and still loving every minute of it!
Fri 25/02/05 at 13:42
Regular
Alas, I've found no geek speak at all :(
Fri 25/02/05 at 13:39
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Is the game really more than 'run around, press buttons to level up a skill, run around, speak geek to loads of people, run around, click on enemy to fight, *crappy animations*, you won/lost'?

The whole emptiness of the actual RPG side of the MMORPGs has always put me off.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.