GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Right then"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/02/05 at 17:20
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I've had it with SW Galaxies.
I've been playing since December, slowly progressing until I reached Master Marksman and decided to pursue the Jedi initiation.
Now this takes a lot of work, a lot of travelling and a lot of quests.
The Rebel quests have taken me 2 days so far, and today was another update/patch.
Which has screwed the game beyond tolerance.
As a rebel, you have the option of Covert or Overt. Overt means you're open to attack from Imperial NPCs (Stormtroopers, AT-STs etc), and I didnt want that so I was covert.
Nicely doing my thing.
But the patch today removes overt/covert and replaces with
Special Forces - All can attack you including other players
Combatant - All Imperial NPCs attack on sight
On Leave - No attacks from NPCs or player.

So logging on, I'm promptly attacked and killed by 13 Stormtroopers at once. I think "Wtf?" and get cloned. Realise I have to declare myself "On Leave" so that Imperials dont attack on sight (and they're everywhere).
Go to Rebel Base to continue the quests for Jedi and?...."You must be a member of the Rebel Alliance to enter"
???????????????????????
I can only continue these quests, I'm 2 days in, if I allow myself to be attacked by each and every NPC around?
But this has taken me almost a month to get this far, this is dumb.
Ok, I'll declare myself Combatant so I can carry on.
BANG, 11 Imperials kill me in 15seconds flat.
I go back to Cloning Station and? Imperials outside, kill me again.
I get killed 8 times in 5 minutes, I cannot move without being attacked.
I can't continue my Jedi quests without being attacked at every turn.

Balls to it. I'm not tolerating that, it's dumb and has flushed 3 months down the toilet.

So - the point of this post -
I've bought World of Warcraft, installing in a bit.
What's a decent server to look for?
Should I find a guild to join?
What are some of your names to add?

Poxy Lucas, has to choad a previously fun online game just like he loafed over the new movies.
Bah
Fri 25/02/05 at 14:23
Regular
"Touched!"
Creepy wrote:
> Did you even read our posts? :\

Shut it n00b.
Fri 25/02/05 at 14:20
Regular
Did you even read our posts? :\
Fri 25/02/05 at 14:19
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Meh, I think a PvE server is for me.
I don't want some drooling tard who does nothing but play the game batter me because he thinks it makes him cool when I'm minding my own business.
Fri 25/02/05 at 14:17
Regular
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> In Alliance controlled areas (all the lower level ones) you can't be
> attacked by other players unless you attack them first.
>
>
> Also, I'm going to have to crush you into the floor if I ever see you
> :) Though that probably won't be for ages.

By the time he's ready bullett, spikecast and I should be pretty high level as well ;)
Fri 25/02/05 at 14:15
Regular
In Alliance controlled areas (all the lower level ones) you can't be attacked by other players unless you attack them first.

Also, I'm going to have to crush you into the floor if I ever see you :) Though that probably won't be for ages.
Fri 25/02/05 at 14:14
Regular
No because you start

{HERE alliance} {Neutral ground} {Horde}

In alliance they can’t attack you unless you attack them first.
In neutral its all holds barred (but I have never seen a horde in the neutrals around alliance lands) then horde land you can’t attack them unless they attack you.

You wont even leave alliance land till like level 12 anyway
Fri 25/02/05 at 14:13
Regular
PvP is the same everything as the normal servers, except you can slash other people up as well.

Reading the manual isn't totally nessecary, when you can do something for the first time it gives you a tool tip telling you how it works. There's a fair bit to be picked up from other players, such as group behaviour (like rolling for chests) and what things like LFG mean.
Fri 25/02/05 at 14:12
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I think there are safe areas though - where you can't be attacked at all.
Fri 25/02/05 at 14:10
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
The manual says that PvP servers mean I can be attacked at anytime by opposing players - in the middle of a quest or a monster fight.
So this means I can undertake a task to gain XP and reach lv3, yet I can be attacked by some hideously advanced 12yr old that does nothing but play this game 24/7?
Fri 25/02/05 at 14:04
Regular
There’re loads of quests. It's mainly questing really, PVP is just a nice bonus when you fancy an adventure into their land or they come into yours.

EDIT: it’s the same as other servers, it just has PVP and we're all on it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.