GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Whats going on here then?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 22/04/01 at 18:37
Regular
Are SR testing out diffrent site designs or something?

The site first changed to a diffrent font and now has changed to an even smaller unreadable font!

Before that the background even changed a bluey greeny colour!

Whats going on here then?
Sun 22/04/01 at 19:39
VenomByte wrote:
> If the UK wasn't riddled with outdated copper wiring perhaps
> everyone could load it a little quicker....

Do you hear me BT?

LOL

Cable Modem, can't really comment. I was comparing it to my mate, who pays £10 line rental and £15 a month for BT AnyTime (or whatever its called now)...£25, same as a cable modem from NTL. We do have to pay for cable TV, but that's only £7 for 25ish channels, not bad really
I love NTL, think of a cable modem, is it worth it? I have Sky now, did have Ntl, (pppppsssss ntl is better!)
Sun 22/04/01 at 19:40
Grix Thraves wrote:
> I'm connected at 31,200 bps. Damn decent ISP though, in my opinion.
> I'm not saying which though...

Why.. mines Btinternet (only beause i wanted IE5.5 (i'm still running ntlworld)
Sun 22/04/01 at 19:41
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Unless he doesn't want to admit he's using AOL?
Sun 22/04/01 at 19:47
VenomByte wrote:
> Unless he doesn't want to admit he's using AOL?

LOL AOL is sooo bad, but not as bad as there AD's 'free means free' (yeah £15 a month is really cheap!)
Sun 22/04/01 at 19:50
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
I know 3 people who use AOL...I believe lewq has a shattered AOL cd blu-tacked to the side of one of his boxen...
Nice way to get money though, catch all the people who forget to cancel their subscription.
Sun 22/04/01 at 19:50
Regular
"TheCoolNerd on Live"
I'm on Karoo Internet which is only available in Hull through Kingston Communications. Its £10 a month for access at evenings and weekends and I get connections of 51000 bps!
Sun 22/04/01 at 19:52
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Yeah, I though I was hearing things wrong when the ad said you have to phone up in order to cancel the supscriprion, rather than phone up to confirm you wish to subscribe.

Just the sort of technique that is likely to snag their target audience, very cunning.
Sun 22/04/01 at 19:57
VenomByte wrote:
> Yeah, I though I was hearing things wrong when the ad said you have
> to phone up in order to cancel the supscriprion, rather than phone
> up to confirm you wish to subscribe.

Just the sort of technique
> that is likely to snag their target audience, very cunning.

That's what i though, i bet they don't tell you when your paying!

Pagy, thats not good. A 56K should connect at 56K. But the lines not clean so you can't. A idsn line is clean...
Sun 22/04/01 at 19:58
Regular
"TheCoolNerd on Live"
Does anyone here have ADSL? If so, is it any good?
Sun 22/04/01 at 20:03
IDSN lines are very quick, but not a lot quicker than 56k

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.