GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Whats going on here then?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 22/04/01 at 18:37
Regular
Are SR testing out diffrent site designs or something?

The site first changed to a diffrent font and now has changed to an even smaller unreadable font!

Before that the background even changed a bluey greeny colour!

Whats going on here then?
Sun 22/04/01 at 19:28
About the same, you MUST have a 56K, other wise i'll rip out my modem NOW!
Sun 22/04/01 at 19:30
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
Mr. Dark wrote:
> About the same, you MUST have a 56K, other wise i'll rip out my
> modem NOW!

My PC is old an tired. It's windows 95 and has Pentium thats all i know i'm afraid! :-)
Sun 22/04/01 at 19:30
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
It's only running at 2 seconds from the server. The rest is transfer time. I suggest you reboot. The problem could be anywhere is the entire British network!
Sun 22/04/01 at 19:31
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Only takes me a few seconds. have you got caches disabled? That would slow you down a lot.
Sun 22/04/01 at 19:32
Regular
Takes me five seconds. I'm using a 33.6K modem.
Sun 22/04/01 at 19:34
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Takes me five seconds. I'm using a 33.6K modem.

Grumble grumble... my 56 conects at 50.666 anyway.
Sun 22/04/01 at 19:34
Regular
"smile, it's free"
If the UK wasn't riddled with outdated copper wiring perhaps everyone could load it a little quicker....

Do you hear me BT?
Sun 22/04/01 at 19:36
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Cable Modem, can't really comment. I was comparing it to my mate, who pays £10 line rental and £15 a month for BT AnyTime (or whatever its called now)...£25, same as a cable modem from NTL. We do have to pay for cable TV, but that's only £7 for 25ish channels, not bad really
Sun 22/04/01 at 19:36
VenomByte wrote:
> Only takes me a few seconds. have you got caches disabled? That
> would slow you down a lot.

How

Tony, i think its just my PC, i need to get a new one. I think that 1300 MHz P4 Pc will do nicely (were winning the lottery next week!)

M16, my PC is a P2 56K, and a lot of space! :)
Sun 22/04/01 at 19:37
Regular
I'm connected at 31,200 bps. Damn decent ISP though, in my opinion. I'm not saying which though...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.