GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"More annoying ads"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/06/04 at 13:55
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Halifax ones aside, with the goon Howard, we have others.

Capital One No Hassle Platinum Plus Card. Right. Apart from being mildy lame in name, the amount of crappy ads they have is unbelievable. And the fact they change every damn ad about a week after you first see it suggests they have no clue. Plus, on their latest ad, they took out the little 'wwoooobobibibiblblle!' noise the green monster makes, which was hilarious. Fools.

Thanks to Gamesfreak, those Knor sauce ads with the panda. OH LOOK! The panda speaks like a common Englishman! Beltin'! You little minx! How terribly......unoriginal and completely unfunny. Tries to be funny, falls between two stools, and skewers its nads on a - skewer. I hate those ads that revert to humour (i.e let's change a stereotype, by subverting it with an unexpected and funny voice!) Lame, lame lame. Sorry Gamesfreak. But lame.

All these football ads. I like football. I don't like adverts. In particular McDonalds. 'Buy a big Mac bla bla bla' - in perfect English from a perfectly clean and friendly teenage girl. Yeah right. Although the 'Free One!' cry is mildly amusing, the 'bana ba ba noooow!' is utterly infuriating, especially with that sh*te noise that makes it. Rubbish.

And that coke ad with the kid who can't f**king kick a ball. Then he goes 'goal? GOAAALLL!'. Retarded, generic and retarded again.

Anyone else?
Wed 16/06/04 at 16:34
Regular
Yeah, I have to agree with Whitestripes there. The Salads plus adverts are awful. I mean, who the f**k goes to McDonalds to buy a salad...?
Wed 16/06/04 at 16:51
Regular
"gsybe you!"
EVERYDAY WOMEN OF COURSE!

It's pathetically blatant market expansion advertising. It's just so ironic that most McDonalds are still full of grease monkeys.
Wed 16/06/04 at 16:53
Regular
hmm I'm guessing no one here has seen the new Barclaycard advert then, consider yourself lucky then ;)
Wed 16/06/04 at 17:22
Regular
Ashman wrote:
> The coca-cola one, as mentioned, sucks

No way! That rules, man.

Goal? GOAL? GOOOAAALL! (music) Don't look down, ...
Wed 16/06/04 at 18:33
Regular
"Insert Gently"
All the Esure ad's...calm down it's just an advert...Hello Mum...ARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH
Wed 16/06/04 at 22:14
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Mav, it's crap.

3 more I've hated tonight.

1) The ITV JVC ident - MEXICAN WAVE FAMILY! It's just plain crap.
2) Gillette. Jesus. F**king. Christ. Need I say more?
3) Any 'Accident Helpline'/etc ad. 'I recieved £5,400 for my stupidity. Interestingly, there are no victims mentioned - I simply set back my small scale employers considerably, because I am patheitc and can't look out for food on the floor. I hurt my knee, so much so I couldn't go to see Spencer in his remedial classes'.
Wed 16/06/04 at 22:21
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
The Yes car credit adverts, it's just a shame no other woman is as keen to say yes as that dozy bint.

Any accident claim advert, particularly the one with the fat guy, which ends *let us take the pain from your claim* if i hadn't been put off using that company before with the sheer cornyness of it that definitly did the trick.

The Dixons adverts.
Wed 16/06/04 at 22:23
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I can't decide if the walrus-man advert you point out LaLakers is in fact a deliberatly humorous one or not.
Wed 16/06/04 at 22:25
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Ah glad you know which one i'm on about, thought it was just a local one. It's not just me is it? That advert is just so painfully corny with someone handing him a phone from the side and all that tripe.
Wed 16/06/04 at 22:28
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Cyclone wrote:
> 3) Any 'Accident Helpline'/etc ad. 'I recieved £5,400 for my
> stupidity. Interestingly, there are no victims mentioned - I simply
> set back my small scale employers considerably, because I am patheitc
> and can't look out for food on the floor. I hurt my knee, so much so
> I couldn't go to see Spencer in his remedial classes'.

The best (ie. worst) one is the "I'm so fat I broke my chair and spilt coffee over my giant body. I got £8,000 for my obesity!" one.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.