GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"More annoying ads"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/06/04 at 13:55
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Halifax ones aside, with the goon Howard, we have others.

Capital One No Hassle Platinum Plus Card. Right. Apart from being mildy lame in name, the amount of crappy ads they have is unbelievable. And the fact they change every damn ad about a week after you first see it suggests they have no clue. Plus, on their latest ad, they took out the little 'wwoooobobibibiblblle!' noise the green monster makes, which was hilarious. Fools.

Thanks to Gamesfreak, those Knor sauce ads with the panda. OH LOOK! The panda speaks like a common Englishman! Beltin'! You little minx! How terribly......unoriginal and completely unfunny. Tries to be funny, falls between two stools, and skewers its nads on a - skewer. I hate those ads that revert to humour (i.e let's change a stereotype, by subverting it with an unexpected and funny voice!) Lame, lame lame. Sorry Gamesfreak. But lame.

All these football ads. I like football. I don't like adverts. In particular McDonalds. 'Buy a big Mac bla bla bla' - in perfect English from a perfectly clean and friendly teenage girl. Yeah right. Although the 'Free One!' cry is mildly amusing, the 'bana ba ba noooow!' is utterly infuriating, especially with that sh*te noise that makes it. Rubbish.

And that coke ad with the kid who can't f**king kick a ball. Then he goes 'goal? GOAAALLL!'. Retarded, generic and retarded again.

Anyone else?
Tue 15/06/04 at 13:55
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Halifax ones aside, with the goon Howard, we have others.

Capital One No Hassle Platinum Plus Card. Right. Apart from being mildy lame in name, the amount of crappy ads they have is unbelievable. And the fact they change every damn ad about a week after you first see it suggests they have no clue. Plus, on their latest ad, they took out the little 'wwoooobobibibiblblle!' noise the green monster makes, which was hilarious. Fools.

Thanks to Gamesfreak, those Knor sauce ads with the panda. OH LOOK! The panda speaks like a common Englishman! Beltin'! You little minx! How terribly......unoriginal and completely unfunny. Tries to be funny, falls between two stools, and skewers its nads on a - skewer. I hate those ads that revert to humour (i.e let's change a stereotype, by subverting it with an unexpected and funny voice!) Lame, lame lame. Sorry Gamesfreak. But lame.

All these football ads. I like football. I don't like adverts. In particular McDonalds. 'Buy a big Mac bla bla bla' - in perfect English from a perfectly clean and friendly teenage girl. Yeah right. Although the 'Free One!' cry is mildly amusing, the 'bana ba ba noooow!' is utterly infuriating, especially with that sh*te noise that makes it. Rubbish.

And that coke ad with the kid who can't f**king kick a ball. Then he goes 'goal? GOAAALLL!'. Retarded, generic and retarded again.

Anyone else?
Tue 15/06/04 at 13:58
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I remember the first time I saw a Capital One ad I sat staring at the screen for 10 seconds in silence when it finished before uttering "What the hell was that all about?"
Tue 15/06/04 at 13:58
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Cyclone wrote:
> with the goon Howard,

I take offence. :D

The hayfever advert is particularly amusing, due to its poorness.

"Zultec(?) gets rid of your hayfever bluuuues"

And that crappy fajita advert:

"Aromatiiiic spiii-ceees."
Tue 15/06/04 at 14:04
Regular
Adverts that are badly dubbed really p!ss me off.

McDonalds, Vanish and Capital one do it all the time. And I'm pretty sure McDonalds only does it so they don't have American accents anymore. Would be midly acceptable is they'd ever actually heard of lip-synching.

"Change is good" ARGH. *hits table in anger*
Tue 15/06/04 at 14:15
Regular
"QPR 1974"
Microchips wrote:
> "Aromatiiiic spiii-ceees."

It's more 'spaaaahces' than 'spiii-ceees', I believe.
Tue 15/06/04 at 14:17
Regular
"gsybe you!"
All Howards are lame, Howard.
Tue 15/06/04 at 14:19
Regular
On the other hand, that advert that advertising some Pasta sauce thing, with the panda's, is absolutely hilareous.

*Phoar, that smells beltin'"
Tue 15/06/04 at 14:20
Regular
"gsybe you!"
That's reminded me of it. It should die.
Tue 15/06/04 at 14:24
Regular
"I love Dave music"
The one that really winds me up is the Colgate ad. You know the one - that toothpaste man gets out and has a shield. He deflects the food away from the teeth. He has a headset to talk to the voice over guy.

Some of you might think these are the reasons for my hatred. You would be wrong.....it's his name - Tom. Why Tom? It's never explained. Why not Dave? Or Bob?

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Toms. I like the name Tom. I have friends called Tom. But I have no idea why this stupid toothpaste man is called Tom. AND IT WINDS ME UP

I have problems.

GL
Tue 15/06/04 at 14:26
Regular
"gsybe you!"
As I said with the Panda thing. Another thing that winds me up is calling apparantly mystical/powerful/clever etc people names like Bob or Bill. It's like these names somehow contradict their position. Was funny when it first was used.......2500 years ago.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.