GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"More annoying ads"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/06/04 at 13:55
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Halifax ones aside, with the goon Howard, we have others.

Capital One No Hassle Platinum Plus Card. Right. Apart from being mildy lame in name, the amount of crappy ads they have is unbelievable. And the fact they change every damn ad about a week after you first see it suggests they have no clue. Plus, on their latest ad, they took out the little 'wwoooobobibibiblblle!' noise the green monster makes, which was hilarious. Fools.

Thanks to Gamesfreak, those Knor sauce ads with the panda. OH LOOK! The panda speaks like a common Englishman! Beltin'! You little minx! How terribly......unoriginal and completely unfunny. Tries to be funny, falls between two stools, and skewers its nads on a - skewer. I hate those ads that revert to humour (i.e let's change a stereotype, by subverting it with an unexpected and funny voice!) Lame, lame lame. Sorry Gamesfreak. But lame.

All these football ads. I like football. I don't like adverts. In particular McDonalds. 'Buy a big Mac bla bla bla' - in perfect English from a perfectly clean and friendly teenage girl. Yeah right. Although the 'Free One!' cry is mildly amusing, the 'bana ba ba noooow!' is utterly infuriating, especially with that sh*te noise that makes it. Rubbish.

And that coke ad with the kid who can't f**king kick a ball. Then he goes 'goal? GOAAALLL!'. Retarded, generic and retarded again.

Anyone else?
Mon 02/08/04 at 12:59
"Darth Vader 3442321"
The new advert for a Piles spray which sooths the irritation is very annoying. Picture the scene:

a bloke is sitting at the theatre next to his wife in obvious discomfort. He's bored because he's been forced to watch some crap that no one in the theatre likes but are pretending too and his piles start to itch. His wife then starts to berate him like he is a five year old. She doesn't take into consideration that the piles are a symptom related to her husbands' work, which finances such trips to the theatre to watch a play performed entirely in Gaelic, but she starts to scold him for figiting none the less. He wants to tell her to f**k off but deep down knows that she'll threaten to leave him and the kids if he shows her up in public, and anyway she might bring up that incident again. She always does when she wants to humiliate him.

However he keeps figiting and his wife keeps nagging until another woman turns round and makes a large "shhhhhuuuuushh!" noise at them. The man's immediate reaction should have been to do a Jake the Muss on her and scream "don't you fookin shhhhhhussssssh me" and then beat her to death with the undersole of his size nines. Next he'd rip off her ears with his teeth and gouge out her eye balls whilst screaming apoplectic with animal rage until the POlice come along to punch the woman in the stomach for having the audacity to shhhhusshh a man with itchy piles. But he doesn't smack her up. Instead he goes off and sprays his haemorroids and comes back to watch the rest of the 8 hour play.

It's an outrage!
Mon 19/07/04 at 13:03
"Darth Vader 3442321"
I really hate the ads they show during the 10 minute freeview for Television X. I'm building up momentum and then suddenly some bloke appears to plug the Daily Star, when I'd rather see Ivor Biggun the plumber plug the dirty housewife from Swansea with his monkey wrench.

Also the ads don't make sense, what's the point in saying "phone now to get connected and experience the best in adult entertainment", when it's obvious I've got my hands full.

Idiots.
Sun 18/07/04 at 19:54
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Bacardi Breezer should've kept Tom the cat. Miow.
Sun 18/07/04 at 02:29
Regular
"A man with a stick"
There are plenty of ads that annoy me, but none more so than the following:

Evian - Just how do you advertise water? Well someone somewhere thought it would be a good idea to have a load of freaky looking CGI babies synchronising swimming in one of the most disturbing advertisements I've ever seen.

Bloody E-Sure - I suspect the brains behind this one (and I use the world brains very lightly) to be one of those really annoying people who laugh at their own jokes while failing to notice that everyone else thinks he's a pillock. I don't see what's funny about a fat bloke who used to direct crap films trying to milk a joke that wasn‘t even slightly amusing in the first place, Christ knows how they've managed to have the ads run this long.

MacDonald’s - Want to be cool and hip? eat at MacDonald’s seems to be the message behind their slogan "I'm loving it". Loving what exactly? The pulverised grease burgers? The Salad that manages to be fattier than the rest of the food that they scrape off the floor? or the Chicken Nuggets that now, apparently contain chicken as apposed to what ever processed meat they put in before? Here's an idea to improve sales at MacDonald’s, as if they need to, try advertising something remotely edible.
Sun 18/07/04 at 00:25
Regular
:c| I LOVE YOU DONKEY!

Most annoying adverts...hmm...any that include the lines, "Hello mum, I'm on the tele."
Sat 17/07/04 at 23:44
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Any add advertising ring tones!
Sat 17/07/04 at 23:40
Regular
"lil minx"
I'm sorry - but u av all missed the singular most annoying advert on tv at the moment...
I've won a donkey...
I'VE WON A DONKEYYYYYYYY
DONKEY DONKEY DONKEY!!!
that has to be the lamest prize ever....
if it aint a bloke whos hung like one...who gives a damn bout donkeys!
also the new SEAT altea advert is the most awful thing ever - so dumb, like they are trying to somehow slate their own car...shame because some of the old SEAT advertisments were genius (the one where the other driver tries to race the SEAT driver and speeds off at the lights whilst the SEAT driver waits behind looking smug...as his gfs head appears from his lap - GENIUS!)
HALIFAX - realising we are fed up of that srange balb guy turned him into a cartonn - nope hes still as annoying...
the only thing that annoys me about the "i hurt mysself at work so now im suing my company for money so no one eever employs me again n i cn stay on the dole" ads is that they are the most pathetic actors severley overacting - the face of the girl who trips n falls in the kitchen at work - ooh yea that was relaistic!
DFS - has anyone brought a sofa there ever??????
All MccyDs adverts - erm yea get ovr it u r and always will be a fast food chain - me n my mates aint gonna go down there and act like were in SATC just cos u serve salads now!!! and nobody...NOBODY is loving it....
Miracle Gro adverts - pathetic
Barcadi breezer ads - not funny not sexy not cool

and finally the kinder bueno advert ...BITE ME BITE ME BITE ME - yes bite me u stupid stupid advert..."I caught u lookign didnt i"...nope u didnt - u caught me changing the channel
Sat 10/07/04 at 00:11
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
That Kodak one is annoying as well with that voiceover guy repeating the word picture in every sentence.

But i realised today that i've never been influenced by an advert to go and purchase something i wouldn't have otherwise. In fact the only thing an advert can do for me is deter me from a product seeing as if i'm going to buy anything i'd already know about it from other means instead of watching some actor who couldn't get into community college acting school trying to get their break.
Fri 09/07/04 at 19:02
Regular
"For One Night Only"
ßulle†† wrote:
> The adverts that really wind me up are the bloody mobile
> ringtone/game/wallpaper ads.
>
> "Text ANAL1, ANAL2 or ANAL3 to 81188!"
>
> NO!
>
> At times they will actually play 2-3 of those ads in succession, just
> to rub it in.
>
> And don't get me started on the bloody dancing purple hippo thing -
> that is absolutely disgusting.

DEAR GOD, THOSE ADVERTS ARE IRRITATING! Quit interveening every damn song with your adverts. That Mario Winan song is RUBBISH! If I have to see the same advert literally three times in a commercial break, I have to change the channel. Problem is that the same adverts are on the next bloody channel!
Fri 09/07/04 at 16:16
Regular
That one with Vernon Kay thats about those Doritos, thats always on channel 4 really p*sses me off. When I watch channel 4 for a while that advert is on at least ten times in an hour of adverts.

Oh yeah that 0800-REVERSE one with Holly Valance is really cheesy as well, but its stuck in my head which I suppose is their aim to do :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.