GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"worst film in history"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 22/04/01 at 16:42
Regular
Theres lots of rubbish films out there e.g. pokemon the movie but what is the worst?
Sat 28/04/01 at 18:08
Crouching Toiger Hidden Dragon was a masterpiece. True film making. The cinematography in the film was magnificent and the photography was beautiful. The scenery wasshot reminisent to Kubrick's shots in the beginning of 2001. It made you want to be there.

I felt that the subtitles were easily to adapt to. To say the the subtitles was a problem is just arrogant, unwilling to adapt to a different format. Ang Lee said that if the film was done in English it would loose it's charm and the humour would not be as effective. I found the film pretty humourous, especially the failure character Bo.

I understoof the flying thing. It was always present in Jet Li movies + other oriental films. I can't see how the film was unrealistic, it follows a known technique used. Seen The Legend of Fong Sai Yuk anyway? Chan's movies are much more unrealistic, a guy ducking a diving through the narrowest a gaps.

You can say that the plot is waffer thin but the characters are what makes the film. Each character are totally unforgetable. That's why the film's called Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. The 'Crouching Tiger' obviously being Chow Yun Fat's character Li Mu Bai and the 'Hidden Dragon' being Zhan Ziyi's character Jen. In fact, in the chinese version she is actually called Lung (Dragon). The action sequence was made so smoothly and was extremely thrilling. It's not a run of the mill kung fu movie, take the Jackie Chan movies, they're pretty funny and the choreography is always mindboggling but it has been done many times and they are all pretty much the same. A guy gets 'forced' into a conspiracy theory and at the end he saves the day.

Another thing, don't 'expect' anything from this film. Go and watch it with thinking, 'oh it's gonna be a chinese matrix' or 'oh this film will be like Jackie Chans 200 years ago'.

Open your mind and you may appreciate the film a bit more.
Sat 28/04/01 at 18:38
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
No I tried to enjoy it but just couldn't. Who cares if jumping through windows is more realistic - it adds more interest to a film. I wasn't saying it was the worst thing I have seen I merely said I disliked it.

The atmosphere just wasn't right for me. And the characters? Unforgetable? I don't think so. I have forgotten about them already. The only character to me that was even the slightest unforgettable was the young girl.

Maybe it just wasn't my type of film I don't know. It's hard to explain.
Sat 28/04/01 at 20:42
"Moderator"
"I also think that Al Pacino has got to be the most over rated actor - I think he's crap"

have you seen The Godfather?... Scarface? "say hello to my little friend"... Serpico?... Carlitos way?... Looking for Richard?

how can you say he is overrated? go on, give myself a reason? was he "crap" in any of the above? as Michael Corleone, his first feature film, was he "crap"? really? well tell me what you have seen him in, to justify you calling him "overrated" and "crap"

'(.)'
Sat 28/04/01 at 20:47
Regular
"You've upset me"
I'm really sad. I can't help but like all the films I've seen. Unfortunatly I have the rather annoying ability to be able to feel sorry for everyone. If I see a film that is below par then I will always feel sorry for the actors.

Anyway, like I said there hasn't been one film I've ever seen apart from Bogus that I haven't liked.
Sat 28/04/01 at 20:54
"Moderator"
Go and watch 'Big mommas house' and then say theres not one movie you hated...

'(.)'
Sun 29/04/01 at 17:35
I am probably going to upset some of you when I say that 'Unbreakable' is the worst film I have ever seen. NO it's not because of the immense hype or the 6th sense was good (although rather tame) that I was dissapointed it's because the film was suppose to reveal why exactly Willis was so unbreakable, instead we just find out that S L Jackson was a weak guy (bad guy) so Willis must be the strong end of the scale (good guy). I like the comic book link but the ending neither surprised, impressed or solved the films opening enigma? It just seemed pointless as Jackson's problems were seen rather than Willis'.
Tue 01/05/01 at 09:33
Regular
"not dead"
I've only left the cimena before the end of a film once, and that film was Lost in Space.

I used to love that series when it came on Sunday lunchtimes. It was camp, and it had a robot with floppy arm that kept going "WARNING WARNING". The film was none of these things, and as a result, a huge let down to me.

Batman and Robin was pretty poor too. The relationship between Alfred and Bruce Wayne was pushed to ridiculous levels. I half expected for Batman to jump into bed with him!

East Is East was disappointing too, as it was billed as a comedy, but all of the funny bits had been shown on the trailers. I didn't find a bloke hitting his wife and kids very funny.
Wed 02/05/01 at 12:57
Wild Things is quite possibly the worst film ever. I can't believe I made it to the end. An unexpected plot twist is one thing but this convoluted drivel was just ridiculous.

The second half of the film just descends into sheer stupidity. After the first few twists it became funny but, eleven 'shock revalations' in, the joke wore a little thin. Painful.

A close second is 'Whatever', a low budget Gen X movie with no budget, no ideas a lame script and no apparant direction. It has loads of cameo roles from the likes of Heather Graham, Shanen Doherty but not even Ms. Graham can rescue it. There's a cool Mojave 3 track on the soundtrack though.

The only film I've ever walked out of the cinema from is Emma.
Thu 03/05/01 at 20:55
The worst film ever? Hmm... it's tempting to say Plan 9 directed by Ed Wood, technicaly the worst film ever. His films are so bad that they have a cult following, and so are kind of like-able, despite being so bad.

My personal favourite "love to hate" film has to be Face/Off. This film is absoloutly dire, the directing is cheesey unimaginative crap. The dialoge is terriable, and acting passable at best. John Woo is such an idiot, he has no ideas of his own, and even then can't match the original ideas in quality!

WTF was all the rubbish with the slow motion shots and the birds?! There are John Travolta and Nic Cage having a big gun battle near the end and then all of a sudden there's this slow motion shot of a bloody dove, WHAT?! Then it just doesn't seem to end, they have the big shoot-out in the church, and then jump into speedboats for a big chase out!

The whole basis of the plot, the face swapping was laughable, and they could've a least got two actors with remotely simular builds, so pathetic! Then of course it all gets recycled for MI:2, although that film wasn't anywhere near as bad as Face/Off...

I haven't seen any good John Woo films, at best they are entertaining but not anything I would go so far as to say "good". I haven't seen Hard Boiled though, and I've heard that this is by far his best work, maybe I'll check it out one day and judge for my self...
Mon 07/05/01 at 21:29
"Uzi Lover"
Ok, there may be films that are really bad and one of them really may be the worst film ever made. But, we really do need to take in consideration, in every film that we watch, what effort was put in to make it and look at the films good points aswell as bad.

If we think about it there has to be something good for every film that we watch. In some, the plot may be bad but the acting may have been good. In others, the directing may of been bad but the script was exellent and vice versa. We also need to think about how well the genre itself was produced.

So you can't really look at just one aspect ofa filma dn say it is the worst you have really seen. If you think that a film you saw is the worst you have ever seen watch it again, and look for factors of the film that are good. You never know, you might actually enjoy the film this time.

I think that it is a bit out of order on some actors that may have acted first class in a film but the film itself did not reach what could be called any good. The actors in these films and lower budget films may be acting so good as to be an oscar winner. But, as other factors of the film let them down, get nowhere.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.