GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"worst film in history"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 22/04/01 at 16:42
Regular
Theres lots of rubbish films out there e.g. pokemon the movie but what is the worst?
Sun 22/04/01 at 16:42
Theres lots of rubbish films out there e.g. pokemon the movie but what is the worst?
Sun 22/04/01 at 17:02
Probably spiceworld, although that at least you can laugh at its ridiculousness.
Sun 22/04/01 at 18:00
Regular
"Whatever!"
I would tend to agree with you there, SpiceWorld was just terrible!! Quite possibly the worst film in history!!
Thu 26/04/01 at 20:54
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
The only films I've ever seen that I thought were crap were..
Guest House Paridiso, Spice World, Michael (John Travolta angel film) and... believe or not (I think I'm the only one who found this film a bit overrated) CROuching Tiger Hidden Dragon.

The worst Spice World - would have to agree with you.
Thu 26/04/01 at 21:38
"Moderator"
why didnt you liek Crouching Tigger hidden Dragoon?

'(.)'
Thu 26/04/01 at 22:16
I can't agree with you guys on Spice World being the worst film ever made, as i have never seen it. But what i will say is my young sister (a arrid Spice Girl fan) didn't seem to happy after seeing it. An anti-clamax as it were.

But i have my own view on the worst film ever made. X-Men. A cartoon conversion, that went horribly wrong! As i felt the story gave characters to much power, and forgetting that during the final battle sequence. Take storm for example. She has the power to control the weather anywhere in the world. But yet, for the final battle she (and the film makers) feel the need for her to be on site. Where the action is. Whats the point! have i missed something! Surely it would be more tactical to stay at base -where she can attack, but not get attacked if you get my meaning. As sure enough she is the one to get captured, and cause the most problems for the crew!

I felt X-Men wasn't very good because i felt there was no plot to it. The film ambled along with the inevitable problems (in this case spies in the base) and the the end fight sequence (with the new character - who has been made to feel an outcast) saving the day......a big surprise there!

I just feel new films should have new and totally new film ideas, getting away from the same old thing.#
Every thing fine
New recruit - something happens
An accident
Newbie feels guilty - leaves
Baddies start to win
Newbie returns to save the day.

The best films ever made are those that don't a-line with this template. Or those that make there own one up - which at a later date gets copied sye!

Films like T1 and T2 are a prime example of this, a new idea!

Films like Godzilla and X-Men are not

This can continue for a very long time, but i will end it here, i am sure you get the picture of what i am trying to describe!

Jac
Thu 26/04/01 at 22:27
Regular
"Whatever!"
Michael - I forgot Ive seen that film, it is just appalling and probably one of the worst I have seen!!
Fri 27/04/01 at 11:11
Eyes Wide Shut has got to be the worst most recent film. I couldn't wait to see it and I was so dissapointed. The stuted speech was just terrible. From such a good director aswell..aarrgh. I also think that Al Pacino has got to be the most over rated actor - I think he's crap.
Fri 27/04/01 at 19:37
Has anybody seen Cube? This film has to be the worst ever, no doubt about it.

This very strange and boring film begins with a man waking up inside a metal cubicle, not knowing where he is or how he got there. There are hatch like doors on each of the four walls. The man climbs through one of the hatches to find himself in what seems a cubicle very similar to the one he just left. Next thing you know, this guy is decomposing right infront you until there's nothing left of him, the reason? who knows! So far this guy is the only character you meet in the film and just he melts! Great eh?

The film goes on to show the other people who are also locked in this maze too, none of them know how or why though. They all come across each other and try to figure a way out of these cubes. From one cube to another, they seem to be never ending.

For the next two hours you see each of the characters pop off in some way or another until there's only one guy left. You dont get to see any action or even daylight for that matter, just cubes, cubes and guess what - more cubes.

I could describe this movie in more detail but its so boring no one would want to hear about it! Although I would recommend you to watch 10 minutes of it to see for yourselves what a load of trash it really is.

Fri 27/04/01 at 20:33
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon? I disliked that for many reasons. Firstly I was expecting this absolutely amazing film! It had so much hype! Everyone kept telling me in the media that this was a good film despite having subtitles. I dared to see it as it had subtitles and future experiences have told me subtitle movies are usually poor.

I sat down and watched it. It got tiring having to keep on reading and it did spoil the enjoyment a little, but I thought the plot wasn't that good. Sacred sword lost, sacred sword retrieved - it was quite predictable.

The action scenes were suppose to be like the Matrix but they just didn't have the adrenaline. Music has alot to do with action scenes. The music if I remember correctly wasn't as good as the ones in the Matrix like the lobby scene. This lobby scene was fantastic - it had gunfire, punch sounds but in the background played this really atmospheric music. THis music and sound created one hell of an atmosphere and this was gripping stuff. The ones in Crouching Tiger.. were slower. The music didn't create the atmosphere and it was basically sword against sword. Swords dont do anything for me. If you have swords you need really big clangs and when punching you need those sounds even if they don't appear in real life. The crouching tiger atmosphere was just not right for me to keep the adrenaline keeping me watch on. Also I can't really exactly say I'm the biggest fans of swords. To me gun shooting and dodged is much more exciting then swords. Because you can take people buy suprise. IF you take people by suprise with a sword that's there head off and thats it and if one person has a sword the other will eventually have one and it will just be basically a hit sword hit sword 'clang' match. Star Wars is a classic, it makes its battles more interesting. The only scene in this film I found rather interesting and adrenaline pumping was the one when she fought inside the building - mainly because she threw him off a balcony more fun then just a punch here a kick there and a sword slash here.

I also hated the way they made people glide through the air. I want a touch of realism or explanation why they can glide through air. It's not exactly something you can master through lots of practice. I disliked this alot.

I also think there were too many quiet bits without action. The love affairs and the death of the main character at the end was touching.. :) but this is supposed to be an action film! Sstick to action please! :)

Finally the villian - she was an old hag for goodness sake. She was a boring fighter not my idea of a villian. The other younger bad guy - her apprentice was quite good a lot more like a bad guy. This old hag wasn't my idea of a typical bad guy - another aspect of this film I didn't like.

To me this film was massively overhyped purely because it was this daring director who made this foreign film. Yes it was above average but it didn't work for me, the atmosphere was too quiet, the battles were a bit dull, people CANT GLIDE FOR GOODNESS SAKE and the subtitles were rather tedious. SO WHY? WHY? Am I the only one who thinks this? I'm alone on this and I can't see why.. Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon was too overrated. Shoot me if you must.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.