GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wow! New layout!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/06/04 at 11:40
Regular
Special Reserve is purple!
Sun 13/06/04 at 13:09
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
I just went down to 800x600 from my usual 1152x864, and it looks equally crap, if not a lot worse.
Sun 13/06/04 at 12:41
Regular
"Plate of glue"
I'm sorry to say but... I hate this layout. And thank God Fosco is back.
Pweeeeeeeese fix this mess. Pweeeeeeeeesse?
Sun 13/06/04 at 12:39
Regular
"Staffie 2"
Bloomin' 'eck.

You go away for a week and look what happens.
Sun 13/06/04 at 01:17
Regular
"Colourless"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> In other words, stop being such babies.

True.

Snuggly for Notable.
Sun 13/06/04 at 01:14
Regular
It looks a lot more professional, and is a step in the right direction.

A few tweaks are needed, but that's it.
Sun 13/06/04 at 00:50
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
May I remind everyone what it used to look like? It was dreadful, truly dreadful.

Anyway, much like everything important we do here, it was done quickly with the intention of more polishing once it's up. Some of you say the colours clash (I assume you mean the sidestrip colours clash with colours in the main page), to which I say give us time to refine the look of the rest of the site.

And looks aren't everything - above any other retailer out there, I think we worry just as much about visuals as we do about keywords, page loading and optimization. We've also got a ridiculously large catalogue of things to sell and advertise (GAME don't have a chat forum, cheats, an ISP, a BB gun site, a free gifts page, daily news etc.) and it's only going to get bigger in the future, which we have to accomodate.

Frankly, I think it's a much less drastic design than the previous one, the colours aren't too offensive and it's more clearly streamlined and layed out than it was before. You'll get used to it, just like you did with the new chat design - when was the last time someone complained about that?

In other words, stop being such babies.
Sat 12/06/04 at 21:39
Regular
"£77k - muahahahah"
Paradox: wrote:
> The sections arent distinct enough, the colour scheme's been lost,
> main ukchatforums.com page has an embedded main window to the right
> which hints at the unprofessional design and the top bar is SO 1997

You on 1024 like me?
Sat 12/06/04 at 21:39
Regular
yeah like Paradox is saying.

Some people have been saying it now looks professional, I've been studying and teaching website design for 9 years and seriously this design and layout is incredibly bad, I would use this as a bad example of an ecommerce site compared to Amazon which doesn't waste space, (ie. the big gap on the right) doesn't cram all the links into one giant list, and has a colour scheme that actually works
Sat 12/06/04 at 21:37
Regular
not really, the colours clash, the tables arent lined properly, the left menu link is just filled with links that arent seperated enough like with sites such as Amazon.

Also the logo looks crap with this light blue colour background. Although the text looks good bigger it still looks very bad.
Sat 12/06/04 at 21:34
Regular
"SOUP!"
The sections arent distinct enough, the colour scheme's been lost, main ukchatforums.com page has an embedded main window to the right which hints at the unprofessional design and the top bar is SO 1997

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.