GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Online PS2 game?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 26/02/05 at 19:51
Regular
": ("
I'm looking for a fairly good online PS2 game but I have a few things i'd like it to feature :

- Some sort of scoreboard.

- Preferbly a shooter.

- Popular, doesn't have to be really popular but i'd like there to be at least a couple of hundred players.

I know there aren't alot of great online PS2 games and most of them aren't very popular but I know there are some really good ones out there so could you give me some games then i'll go and read a few reviews, watch some videos etc to see if I like it.

Here are 3 games i'd like your opinions on :

Killzone

THUG 2

Call of Duty

Remember I only want to know what you think about the online modes, nevermind the single player modes.

Cheers.
Sat 26/02/05 at 19:51
Regular
I'm looking for a fairly good online PS2 game but I have a few things i'd like it to feature :

- Some sort of scoreboard.

- Preferbly a shooter.

- Popular, doesn't have to be really popular but i'd like there to be at least a couple of hundred players.

I know there aren't alot of great online PS2 games and most of them aren't very popular but I know there are some really good ones out there so could you give me some games then i'll go and read a few reviews, watch some videos etc to see if I like it.

Here are 3 games i'd like your opinions on :

Killzone

THUG 2

Call of Duty

Remember I only want to know what you think about the online modes, nevermind the single player modes.

Cheers.
Sat 26/02/05 at 19:56
Regular
"The definitive tag"
A friend told me that Call Of Duty is very good online.
Sat 26/02/05 at 20:00
Regular
I could imagine it is. I know it's probably nothing compared to the PC version but my PC is crap so as long as I never play the PC version the PS2 one should keep me very happy.

I think i'll still wait for more opinions before I go out tommorow to my local SR.
Sat 26/02/05 at 20:35
Regular
"TheGamingWizard!!!!"
Day Of Defeat for the PC is meant to be very good. give it a try
Sat 26/02/05 at 20:54
Regular
Stridman wrote:
> I'm looking for a fairly good online PS2 game
Sat 26/02/05 at 22:24
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
I've got Killzone and THUG 2, so let's see...

Killzone's not the best online game you'll find around, it pretty reasonable for an FPS, but nothing to write home about.

THUG 2 is marvelous online, yuss. Many different modes and all the levels from the game, as well as face mapping blah blah blah. And you can play other peoples' created parks.
Sat 26/02/05 at 22:27
Regular
Wang-king, tell me more about THUG 2. How does it play exactly? How many players can play at the same time in a server?

I really liked THPS4 but haven't tried any of the THUGs...
Sat 26/02/05 at 22:42
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
8 players per server.
Sat 26/02/05 at 22:44
Regular
Niiice.

At the moment i'm leaning more towards Call Of Duty but like I said, I need more opinions.
Sat 26/02/05 at 23:50
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Stridman wrote:
> Niiice.
>
> At the moment i'm leaning more towards Call Of Duty but like I said,
> I need more opinions.

Read some reviews.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.