GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"HUGE NEWS!!!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 21/04/01 at 19:55
Regular
Bleem, who made the emulation software that ran PSX games on your PC, have announced a new product.

BLEEM FOR THE DREAMCAST!!!!

The first game that it's producing Bleem for is Gran Turismo 2, and the graphics look absolutely astounding on the 128-bit console compared to the PSX, with higher resolution and anti-aliasing. You need to buy the GT2 game, but the Bleem software only costs £5.95!!

Also, they are working on a Final Fantasy 9 version as well. Great news for Dreamcast owners, a whole new range of great games is now available to play, and loads of classics.

Long live the Dreamcast!!!
Sat 21/04/01 at 21:02
Regular
"everyone says it"
Bleemcast was launched ages ago for the DC?

and also I reckon SR should sell Gibsoft chips for consoles, my 1st DC plays Playstation games and VCD's!!
Sat 21/04/01 at 21:16
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
how do you play PSX games on your DC. I know you have the chip but what about the controls?
Sat 21/04/01 at 21:48
Regular
The Game wrote:
> how do you play PSX games on your DC. I know you have the chip but
> what about the controls?

There is a specially released contoller that goes with the system.

Running loop holes round sony are Bleem!
Sat 21/04/01 at 22:26
Regular
"everyone says it"
HUGE NEWS is not so HUGE when it is like this:

huge news
Sun 22/04/01 at 18:41
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> You seem to be talking about the PC version Sonicrav, I'm on about
> the new DC version that they've just launched in a press release
> today. DC as in Dreamcast.

FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!!! Here we go. Bleem (for the DC) was announced at last years E3... I has been talked about loads- and been in all the magazines. I WAS talking about the DC version in my old posts in this topic! Just for reminders here they are:

1) FM, where the f0@- have u been! This was announced about a year ago at E3! It's been going on for ages,and delayed about 10 times!

2) As for the pics... they've been in soo many mags! Literally months ago!
And yes... the graphics are better- better Anti aliasing smooths the edges, making the old Ridge racer look better than PS2 Ridge Racer!

But as I said it's been delayed...

3) Oh.... final thing... there are 4 packs for bleem! Each one plays only some games (100 games per pack). eg. Pack one is coded for FF7 say, but cannot play Gran Turismo. Anyway, the reason for this is that each individual game security code is needed for each specific game. However, because these libraries of security codes are copy writed, ANY copied game will play on ANY pack :)

I didn't ecxplain that well.... but basically it means that you save lots of money if u copy sony games!

4)What u on about FM! Read my topic a bit down the list! Each pack plays 100 specified original games! But... unless Sony have done something about it, each pack can play ANY copied game without security!

THIS is so old! I posted topics on it about 8 months ago!

These are all about Bleem for DREAMCAST! Not PC! It WAS announced at E3 last year!

Sonic
Sun 22/04/01 at 18:44
Super!
Sun 22/04/01 at 18:51
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Oh, and about the "new press release"... that was to announce that the date has been delayed I guess. No doubt it said that "The new product that lets u play PS games on DC is coming out on___". For people who have not heard of Bleem for DC (Bleemcast), this appears to be a new product, however, it has been delayed millions of times already!

Sonic
Sun 22/04/01 at 18:55
Also you can play DC games on the X-Box. But this means the best games will be made by Sega, so what will you buy? A dreamcast or a x-box?
Sun 22/04/01 at 19:33
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
My advice to Sega would be to grab hold of this, agree a royalty with Bleem and push the Dreamcast format along with it.
Sun 22/04/01 at 19:45
Regular
"TheCoolNerd on Live"
The actual story is that Bleem! is being released in the US on 1st May and will cost $5.95. The reason for its cheapness is because only one game will run on it which is Gran Turismo 2. This is a bit of a disappointment as it was originally planned that 4 versions would be released, each being able to emulate 100 PlayStation games each.

Well, I suppose its good news for GT2 fans. The graphics look really good on it and you can pick up GT2 now for between 10 and 15 quid. No UK release has been confirmed yet though although it is highly likely considering Sega have no involvement in the project.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.