GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GBA2 speculation "confirmed" by Nintendo"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 01/03/05 at 16:10
Regular
Yup.

[URL]http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=7485[/URL]

Nintendo is to showcase the GBA2 at the next E3, which takes place in mid-May.

It has been revealed that Nintendo plan to show off the GBA2 at the next E3, which begins May 17th. The unit will apparently have a large high-quality back-lit screen, as well as analogue controls.

With the emergence of the GBA2 fans may be wondering, "what's the point of the DS?" Well apparently at E3 Nintendo will be showing off software that will make the DS more like a PDA.

According to Spong the new GBA2 will be based around the GameCube hardware, but that seems like a bit of a jump from the GBA. Still, more will be seen in May.

(Sorry if this has been mentioned in the similar posts down below)

Well well, I for one am a bit dissapointed with this.

EDIT: Although, the article has been taken from Spong.....hmmmm
Wed 02/03/05 at 14:28
Regular
Hahahaha.

It obvious that Top Score is Macintosh on another account.

You both appear at the same time.

Stop trolling and go away.
Wed 02/03/05 at 14:12
Regular
"Long live videogame"
Macintosh wrote:
> DS - next gen handheld
> GBA2 - next gen handheld
>
> Both on the market at the same time.........Strange. If GBA2 offers
> more performance in whatever way possible, then bring it out at the
> end of the DS life span.
>
> If GBA2 is the new GBA, what is DS for?

Has noone told you it's a reaction to the PSP and was never a planned product, Nintendo were just going to carry on milking the public dry with GBA until the GBA2 came out.

Still Nintendo will have to be very careful any notion that a GBA2 is round the corner with a high res large screen and analogue controls would really kill sales of the DS.
Wed 02/03/05 at 14:01
Regular
Macintosh wrote:
> Both on the market at the same time.........Strange. If GBA2 offers
> more performance in whatever way possible, then bring it out at the
> end of the DS life span.

Er, none of this has been confirmed by Nintendo you know.

It was just some crap article that a lot of people fell for (including myself) developed from some rumour a CNN analyst made.
Wed 02/03/05 at 13:41
Regular
"and PC user"
DS - next gen handheld
GBA2 - next gen handheld

Both on the market at the same time.........Strange. If GBA2 offers more performance in whatever way possible, then bring it out at the end of the DS life span.

If GBA2 is the new GBA, what is DS for?
Wed 02/03/05 at 02:01
Regular
Nintendo would be stupid to release a DS competitor if the the DS was going so well. The GBA 2 was purely a fall back incase the the DS had gone too far and alienated the averate buyer and "flopped".

This looks like it hasn't happened, so Nintendo will have no need to replace the DS until it is at the end of it's life cycle.

To me, the only thing the DS lacks is a sort of analogue stick, and even then the touch screen offers a simulation of that. Even then, with my attitude to game lately, it would take me a LOT to splash out on new games again, especially as I've suddenly become obsessed with those Playstation classics that I missed the first time around (FF7, Tekken 3, Crash Bandicoot... WOOOT!).

So a "GBA 2" would be really pointless until the DS is at the end of it's own natural life cycle.

Talking of which, the GC isn't really at the end of it's own life cycle. The "revolution" will have to offer something special to make it worthwhile. Does anyone other than Dringo really think that such a thing is possible? :-)
Tue 01/03/05 at 23:40
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Dringo wrote:
> You need to remember that the GBA2 is REALLY supposed to be seperate
> from the DS. So when the GBA SP dies a follow up is gonna appear and
> the GBA SP will be dead or at least getting there by the end of the
> year.

'When'

Ha.
Tue 01/03/05 at 21:35
Regular
It is possible the GBA2 might show up at E3.

But I doubt, seriously doubt, that the machine will be released by the end of the year.

This all started after a CNN analyst predicted the console would hit by the end of the year.

You need to remember that the GBA2 is REALLY supposed to be seperate from the DS. So when the GBA SP dies a follow up is gonna appear and the GBA SP will be dead or at least getting there by the end of the year.

Mid-late 2006 I'd say.
Tue 01/03/05 at 20:09
Regular
"Underbean"
Haha what an update!!
Tue 01/03/05 at 19:21
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Spong have always just made up stories just to get themeselves more noticed. It obviously works.
Tue 01/03/05 at 19:15
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Tphi wrote:
> I can't believe you think this is anything but rumour.

"UPDATE: There has been absolutely no official confirmation on this issue and Nintendo have been quick to point out that there are no plans to show GBA2 at E3 or confirm that a GBA2 exists." - http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=7485

Looks like every news site is trying to distance themselves from the story :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.