GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gameaday- WWF SMACKDOWN 3"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 21/04/01 at 10:30
Regular
THQ has done to wrestling games what brazil has done to football made it a beautiful game. After the success of WWF SMACKDOWN and WWF SMACKDOWN 2, THQ is in the processing WWF SMACKDOWN 3. This game will only be able to be played on the Playstation 2 not on the original Playstation or PSone. But because of the power in the playstation 2 there is a possibility of having nine men in the ring at one tome. Not much info has been given out but the head of YUKES who are the developers of the game Sanders kell confirmed Raven would be in the Game. rumours sugest 6 man tag match will be in the game and talk of an inferno match burns the passion to know more about this game. With over 1000 moves and the ability to control character at the end of the match, distractring the referee then destroying your oponent this game is said to be released this autumn.
Sat 21/04/01 at 10:30
THQ has done to wrestling games what brazil has done to football made it a beautiful game. After the success of WWF SMACKDOWN and WWF SMACKDOWN 2, THQ is in the processing WWF SMACKDOWN 3. This game will only be able to be played on the Playstation 2 not on the original Playstation or PSone. But because of the power in the playstation 2 there is a possibility of having nine men in the ring at one tome. Not much info has been given out but the head of YUKES who are the developers of the game Sanders kell confirmed Raven would be in the Game. rumours sugest 6 man tag match will be in the game and talk of an inferno match burns the passion to know more about this game. With over 1000 moves and the ability to control character at the end of the match, distractring the referee then destroying your oponent this game is said to be released this autumn.
Sat 21/04/01 at 16:53
I've been waiting for this for a long time. A WWF Game for a next Gen console. People expected a lot of good to come from the Dreamcast title "Royal Rumble" but many feel that it did not deliver the same variety and feel as the WWF Smackdown and Smackdown 2 (two very successful PSOne games).
The power was there to have many more wrestlers on screen at one time but the time was not spent to make it as interesting and playable as the two PSOne titles. But this game shouldproduce the goods very nicely. If THQ spend there time improving every factor that made the others such great games to play then this will be a favourite among WWF Fans and newcomers to the franchise alike.
The graphics the PS2 is capable of should have the gamers buying and the longetivity due to the many many different match modes promised will keep them glued to this one for ages!
Sun 22/04/01 at 16:21
Sorry to burts all your bubbles, but I don't think that it will be that successful. I didn't like either of the Smackdown's that much. It has got to be one of the worst wrestling engines I have ever played on. Look at it! They only stay down for two seconds, and when you hit them with a weapon they just stand there. Sure its got all the matches and backstage areas. The only thing I like about it is the BAD create a wrestler.
Sun 22/04/01 at 17:45
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
Good for you. Smackdown 1 + 2 are the worst games I have ever bought. The only good wrestling game is wwf no mercy on the n64.
Sun 22/04/01 at 19:27
True.
Fri 27/04/01 at 19:32
Regular
"Randomly Appearing"
the main problem with 1&2 was the thing that weapons didnt work in the new game weapons are going to be as effective as they would be on TV and the ability to distract ref.s is going to be so cool
No Mercy on the N64 is old welcome Smackdown 3!!!
Fri 27/04/01 at 19:37
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
Yeah but smackdown 3 has the same graphics as 1+2 .
Fri 27/04/01 at 22:31
How does Smackdown! Just Bring It (as Smackdown! 3 is now known) have the same graphics as 1+2?
1.There have been no screenshots of Just Bring It yet, and
2.The PS2 has far, far, far more processing power than PSone.
Sat 28/04/01 at 01:19
Regular
No mercy was only re-released a few weeks ago. How can you say it is old. Also how can u say SM 3 is gonna be the best wrestling game ever? I personally think raw is war on x-box will be da king. But i havnt heard anything about a follow up to No mercy on Gamecube. Anybody got any ideas what it will be called?
Sat 28/04/01 at 08:47
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
Batistuta wrote:
> No mercy was only re-released a few weeks ago. How can you say it is
> old. Also how can u say SM 3 is gonna be the best wrestling game
> ever? I personally think raw is war on x-box will be da king. But
>
>

I agree.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.