GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which phone?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 03/06/04 at 15:34
Regular
"Nobody Home"
Im getting the Online Offpeak300 Tariff from O2.co.uk, but I am unsure which phone I should get.

I am looking at either the Motorola V600, or the Samsung D410. Which should I go for?

The Motorola is small I think, with a 65k screen, and i've used and like the 525, which is quite similar.

The D410 has a 260k colour screen, so obviously has the best screen, but looks a bit bulky and there is not much protecton on the screen, etc.

What should i go for?
Fri 04/06/04 at 12:32
Regular
To be honest, I prefer the E700. But the custom Voda menu on this one is sweet.
Fri 04/06/04 at 12:33
Regular
ßora† §agdiyeV wrote:
> EL?

Electroluminescent. Black screen with neon-ish blue text. Looks pretty good.

You get a 256K colour screen though, so yours wins in that department.
Fri 04/06/04 at 12:36
Regular
"Nobody Home"
So, should I go for the E700 over the V600 or the D410?
Fri 04/06/04 at 12:36
Regular
yeah, my only gripe is the ringer is a bit quiet when it's closed. that's despite having 'airwolf' as my ringtone.

oh well
Fri 04/06/04 at 12:39
Regular
danieldone wrote:
> So, should I go for the E700 over the V600 or the D410?

Yus. I'd recommend E710, but it's exclusive to Voda
Fri 04/06/04 at 12:40
Regular
ßora† §agdiyeV wrote:
> yeah, my only gripe is the ringer is a bit quiet when it's closed.
> that's despite having 'airwolf' as my ringtone.
>
> oh well

Really? This can get really loud at times I have to have it turned down to half volume otherwise it's embarrasingly loud! :D

And I have Benny Hill as a ringtone
Fri 04/06/04 at 12:40
Regular
danieldone wrote:
> So, should I go for the E700 over the V600 or the D410?

I don't know about the other two, but my E700 has an excellent camera on it, very impressive looking menus and features, is very small and versatile and a good all rounder.

If you're buying it, rather than getting a contract, though, it'll cost you a lot of money - probably not worth it.

If you're getting a contract though, I'd just go for the best you could afford at the time - there's been some great ones released since I got mine.
Fri 04/06/04 at 12:42
Regular
ßulle†† wrote:
> Really? This can get really loud at times I have to have it
> turned down to half volume otherwise it's embarrasingly loud! :D
>
> And I have Benny Hill as a ringtone

maybe I just need another ringtone then, but the ones already on the phone are gay as carrots, and downloading them is an expensive affair - I got my first bill for this and nearly had a heart attack.
Fri 04/06/04 at 12:45
Regular
Yeah, they're a bit of an expense aren't they?

Have you joined Samsung fun Club? You get 300 free credits to play with. Most ringtones are around 100 credits too.

They also do 'premium' ringtones with voices that are advertised at £3/4.50 but I always seem to nab them for £1.50 due to the other chargeable texts not arriving at my phone!
Fri 04/06/04 at 12:46
Regular
ßulle†† wrote:
> Yeah, they're a bit of an expense aren't they?
>
> Have you joined Samsung fun Club? You get 300 free credits to play
> with. Most ringtones are around 100 credits too.

no, will all that info be in the box it came in?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.