GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Shall we make a website?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 21/04/01 at 09:53
Regular
I have a fantastical idea. Hows about we all put our heads together and make a gaming website? You could put it on my address at dreamcastplanet.co.uk or a new one.

PLEASE NOTE THAT I AM NOT TRYING TO REMOVE INTEREST FROM THE DISCUSSIONS BY DOING THIS. In fact the site could be a shrine to Special Reserve with details on all of the users of the boards.
Sun 22/04/01 at 19:24
lol, i still run linux boxen. i only use windows because i have to, for games, etc. there -is- an alternative

as far as i can see for the future, microsoft products are beginning to get more and more restrictive (winxp, allegedly, won't even let you change your hardware without paying the 'evil empire'. their specification for requirements for systems to run XP require a pci / isa / agp bus that the end user cannot add to), and linux is getting easier and easier, more and more powerful, configurable, and -stable-, as well as being free to download and opensource.

in the browser wars windows has been winning for a long time, mozilla is getting better, but it's still not worth using as a windows user, as msie is so embedded within the system that loading it takes a few seconds, whereas mozilla is fairly painful to load even on a fairly fast computer. 0.8.1 is hugely better though..

i'd suggest that the people who support microsoft in this argument look at how stable their computers are..

to be continued.. mad dad
Sun 22/04/01 at 19:24
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
hehe...speaking from experience, yes. Admittedly, it's still easier than setting up Linux for a newbie, but it took me 3 days to set up a decent dual-boot system, and then you get plagued with doze's helpful errors ("no keyboard found: press F1 to continue" and suchlike)
Sun 22/04/01 at 19:23
Regular
I only use Windows for compability, and ease, when it comes to IE, anyway.

If Linux was supported more heavily, I would get it straight away... but it's a Cache 22.
Sun 22/04/01 at 19:22
Reaper[DC] wrote:
> naive...restoring your pc is hell, and windows startup disks
> contribute to it.

Well if re-installing your PC is so hard... It's just a few disk and CD's (2 CD's and i think its 3 disk for me) and it can't be that hard... can it?
Sun 22/04/01 at 19:19
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Mr. Dark wrote:
I have never needed to
> re-install by PC, and if i did i would only need a few disk... which
> i have.

So naive...restoring your pc is hell, and windows startup disks contribute to it.
Sun 22/04/01 at 19:18
Tony wrote:
> Mr. Dark wrote:
> Anyway whats wrong with MICRSOFT!! There
> product is good

Huh!

Ever used Word?
Ever tried to re-install
> your PC (in less than a week)?

I've got office 2000 and word is the only thing that hasn't gone wrong in one way, shape or form. I have never needed to re-install by PC, and if i did i would only need a few disk... which i have.

I like MS if it weren't for them i wouldn't have/ want a PC
Sun 22/04/01 at 19:15
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Heh, I've reformatted my hdd 3 times already, always get something in the windows installation corrupt (twice the installation of doze itself crashed)
Sun 22/04/01 at 19:14
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Mr. Dark wrote:
> Anyway whats wrong with MICRSOFT!! There product is good

Huh!

Ever used Word?
Ever tried to re-install your PC (in less than a week)?
Sun 22/04/01 at 19:11
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
As far as games/hardware go, I have very few complaints about them, but it's their total monopoly over operating systems and browsers that annoys me. I don't use netscape, it's too bloated, but I have to use windows for compatibility issues with games. Luke ran linux boxes, and was forced to install 'doze because most games wouldn't run on Linux without a hefty download patch and hours of configuring. Each release of windows is giving the user less and less control, and I'm definately not going near WinXP.

Anyway, lewq, get in here and help me out.
Sun 22/04/01 at 19:06
Part of your 'group' i can see

Anyway whats wrong with MICRSOFT!! There product is good, (nevermind the resr of there... what they get up to)

I bet your like the American govement. You use Netscape don't you?

Microsoft made a filght simiulator for the american govement... they turned it down... so they brought it out as a game. After effects

1. The other simulator was much more expensive
2. It was much worst
3. Microsoft made more money from the game than if they let the USA govment have it!
4. Now Microsoft are moving HQ to England (right out side cambrigshire uni... i wonder why?)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.