GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New SW: Battlefront Content!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Wars: Battlefront'.
Thu 03/03/05 at 08:49
Regular
"Anger leads to hate"
New patch has just come out, allowing for content dowload + a new map of Jabbas Palace complete with Jabba and squeeling piggy guards! :)

Takes a bit to dowload as it's big, but well worth it, its a nice close quarters combat map!
Fri 04/03/05 at 11:26
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Enjoyed playing the Jabba level last night. Like the way its been laid out so that pretty much every room you see in Return of the Jedi is actually in the level. Can even fall through the trap door and end up face to face with that huge Rancor. :-)

Was quite funny running round it and watching it eat rebels who had fallen down with me. Couple of quick shots to the Rancor's hands to stop it grabbing me and I was out the door and kicking the hell out the rebels again. :-)
Fri 04/03/05 at 01:49
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Battlefront was surely designed by Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder. I can appreciate a game that's smart enough to steal Battlefield's conquest idea, but the graphics sucked and there's so many better games on LIVE.
Thu 03/03/05 at 22:23
Regular
"gsybe you!"
As Tiltawhirl said, it being a mainly online game, it sure didn't feel like it.

It was so half-assed.
Thu 03/03/05 at 20:45
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah it'd be cool if you had a rank/promotion system in the game. You'd need penalties though to stop mongs dropping out just cause I've come along and wasted them harshly. ;-)

Penalties should become pretty severe in most online games to be honest. Like dropping out could result in something like 100 deaths being added to your stats or a very heavy loss if its a sports title.

Still, even without stats, I love playing on Battlefront. :-)
Thu 03/03/05 at 19:55
Regular
"8==="
At least Halo 2 lets your play amount to something.
Thu 03/03/05 at 18:35
Regular
Why would we be talking about the PC version in the Xbox forum?
Thu 03/03/05 at 18:14
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Battlefront must be one of the best games I own. OK it's on xbox and you're all on about the PC version but it is an amzing game. It's the only game that you can sit around in and watch your team mates battle for you - but fighting's all the fun! Only flaw is that it's a bit too easy!
Thu 03/03/05 at 17:59
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Excellent stuff ! I'll be adding Jabba's Palace to my list of levels to play tonight online with my cousin. ;-)
Thu 03/03/05 at 14:37
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Halo 2 isn't dull, it's just infested with rejects.

Battlefront, if it worked was good fun - but you had no idea where anyone was, what they were doing and there was no real team cohesion. You could have 5 guys running around doing sod all. Often enough I found myself and about 2 other people actually speaking to each other and trying to re-capture points.
Thu 03/03/05 at 14:21
Regular
"Ow Yer"
fragout123 wrote:
> Yup, and it's still better than the repetitive crap that is halo 2

what What WHAT!!! you think halo 2 is boring are you insane!

and wooooooooooooo im purple!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.