GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Phobia"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 01/06/04 at 14:40
Regular
"Led Zeppelin"
I got a phobia of spider and heights.

What's your phobia

Phobia Top Ten:
1.Arachnophobia
Fear of Spiders. Half of women and 10 per cent of men have, to some degree, a fear of spiders.

2. Social Phobia
Fear of being evaluated negatively in social situations.
Approximately 5.3 million American adults ages 18 to 54, or about 3.7 percent of people in this age group in a given year, have social phobia. Social phobia typically begins in childhood or adolescence.

3. Aerophobia
Fear of flying.

4. Agoraphobia
Agoraphobia involves intense fear and avoidance of any place or situation where escape might be difficult or help unavailable in the event of developing sudden panic-like symptoms. Approximately 3.2 million American adults ages 18 to 54, or about 2.2 percent of people in this age group in a given year, have agoraphobia.

5.Claustrophobia
Fear of being trapped in small confined spaces.

6. Acrophobia
Fear of heights.

7.Emetophobia
Fear of vomit.

8. Carcinophobia
Fear of cancer.

9. Brontophobia
Fear of thunderstorms.

10.Necrophobia
Fear of death or of dead things
Fri 04/06/04 at 22:47
Regular
"Led Zeppelin"
4. Agoraphobia
Agoraphobia involves intense fear and avoidance of any place or situation where escape might be difficult or help unavailable in the event of developing sudden panic-like symptoms. Approximately 3.2 million American adults ages 18 to 54, or about 2.2 percent of people in this age group in a given year, have agoraphobia.

e.g If your in an small Island by yourself with no escape.
Fri 04/06/04 at 22:37
All of the ones you mentioned to a small degree apart from 1,3,4,9 and 10.

Spiders don't freak me out, I don't understand how people can get scared of spiders and not ants or ladybirds or whatever.

Flyings like being in a boat, no?

Don't understand 4.

I love thunderstorms. On a holiday to Yellowstone National Park there was a thunderstorm every night for about 3 hours, fork lightning covering the sky. The noise was deafening and strangely enough there was never any rain...
Thu 03/06/04 at 14:03
Regular
"Led Zeppelin"
Flock wrote:

> We've got another delivery from the phillipines, who's been
> ordering people of the internet again, which one of you was it ?

Ha ha really funny
Philippines not Phillipines
Thu 03/06/04 at 13:57
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Supersaiyan wrote:
> CTUbauer wrote:
> Where are you from?
> Philippines

We've got another delivery from the Philippines, who's been ordering people of the internet again, which one of you was it ?

Happy now ?
Thu 03/06/04 at 13:51
Regular
"Led Zeppelin"
CTUbauer wrote:
> Where are you from?
Philippines
Wed 02/06/04 at 05:37
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Triskedecaphobia: Fear of triskets
Wed 02/06/04 at 05:35
Regular
"cachoo"
Nosophobia or Nosemaphobia- Fear of becoming ill

And a fear of bad thoughts. No idea what that ones called though.

Wouldn't say they would go as far as being called a 'phobia' though.. Actually.. yes I would :)
Tue 01/06/04 at 21:29
"period drama"
Most people don't have phobias they're just scared of stuff.

The whole Arachnophobia thing really annoys the feck out of me - it's totally cultural now, passed on parent-child through actions (not genetics, obviously).
Why spiders, eh?
Why not any other creepy?

There's no good reason, except a lot of people are scared of them, and it spreads through.
Tue 01/06/04 at 21:17
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
I don't have any 'major' phobias, I use to be afraid of lifts and dogs, but I'm fine in both situations. The most dawnting situation for me, remains an extremely large gathering (say 30,000), aside from this, I'm usually fine in all circumstances.
Tue 01/06/04 at 21:00
Regular
Supersaiyan wrote:
> Everyone has a phobia - When I was 8 I use to catch spiders its a
> culture thing where I was born. I use to catch them and feed them In
> return they fought for me. I would have my strongest and biggest
> spider fight the other members spider for money. I had at least 36
> Spider fights, I won
> 14 of those. Many spiders die by my hands.
> When I came here I saw the film (Arachnophobia) that well change my
> life forever. It made me think, 'what if those spiders will hunt me
> down'
> After that I killed every spider I seen......................

lol, supurb :^D

I'm surprised only 50% of women and 10% of men were listed as having aracnophobia on *any* level, I'd have thought it'd be higher, if only for people with a mild fear of big hairy ones...
Maybe it's just that only 10% of men will admit it...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.