GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Um....whaa?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 04/03/05 at 14:18
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I'm guessing this is to buy currency in game with.....real money?!

[URL]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4596&item=8174877564&rd=1[/URL]

ooookkkaaaaay, maybe a little bit too far into the game to buy that methinks.

WWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAA

I WANNNT ITT!

+

[URL]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11050&item=8174933612&rd=1[/URL]

Agagagaa
Fri 04/03/05 at 14:18
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I'm guessing this is to buy currency in game with.....real money?!

[URL]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4596&item=8174877564&rd=1[/URL]

ooookkkaaaaay, maybe a little bit too far into the game to buy that methinks.

WWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAA

I WANNNT ITT!

+

[URL]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11050&item=8174933612&rd=1[/URL]

Agagagaa
Fri 04/03/05 at 15:11
Regular
It's illegal to buy or sell WoW stuff with real money.
Fri 04/03/05 at 15:12
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Ahahaha, silly.

But.

It's like £50+ on Ebay, dirty scammers.

And, Middle Earth Online is coming. And LOTR universe > Warcraft. Seeing as Warcraft is entirely a rip off of LOTR, albeit a good one.

Hmmmmm....
Fri 04/03/05 at 15:18
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Cycloon wrote:
> I'm guessing this is to buy currency in game with.....real money?!

You are correct. People use bots to earn ingame currency overnight, use 3rd party programs to packet sniff to check, scan and pinpoint rare spawns, use 3rd party hacks to ensure that they get to those rare spawns before anyone else, and then hike the price on rare items to squeeze as much ingame currency out of players as possible.

They then sell that currency for real cash to players who discover that when they try to spend it they don't get as much as they thought they would because prices on rares are continuing to spiral, and when they do finally buy something decent to go hunting with there's nothing to hunt because all the good stuff is overcamped by currency sellers.

Welcome to the wonderful world of intellectual property theft and the degradation of gameplay in most decent MMORPGs out there.
Fri 04/03/05 at 15:22
Regular
At first I didn't mind helping you decide whether you get the game or not, but not it's getting tiresome.

You ether want it or you don’t want it, simple really.

I love this game whether it may be a rip from another nerdy universe or not.
Fri 04/03/05 at 15:23
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
[URL]http://www.authorama.com/book/andas-game.html[/URL]

Interesting short story by Cory Doctorow (Easter Standard Tribe, down and Out In the Magic Kingdom (Class)) focusing on female gamers, eastern MMORPG sweat shops, and selling game items on auction sites.
Fri 04/03/05 at 15:47
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Creepy wrote:
> At first I didn't mind helping you decide whether you get the game or
> not, but not it's getting tiresome.
>
>
> You ether want it or you don’t want it, simple really.
>
>

Ahahaha, no. I was browsing Ebay, and came across this. I quite cleary stated 'I want it' rather than 'Hmmmmm.....not sure'.
Fri 04/03/05 at 17:09
"Uzi Lover"
I have ordered World of Warcraft for £29.99 and free delivery from an online store who state on their home page: "World Of Warcraft, the new game from Blizzard is selling like hotcakes. We are one of the few places left in the UK to have this product and we are pleased to say we have high-stock levels." They even say 'in stock' on the game page.

I, however, placed my order on Wenesday evening and my order status is still 'processing'. I've tried ringing them but I either get a line busy or constant ringing. Dodgy.

Anyway, if the order status changes I'll let you people wanting the game.
Fri 04/03/05 at 21:22
"Uzi Lover"
Hmmm that shop sucked. So I cancelled the order...i think.

Just got one off eBay for £33. Which is quite good considering they are selling at silly, silly prices on there.
Sat 05/03/05 at 21:22
Regular
Why are there so few copies?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.