GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo at it again?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/03/05 at 13:35
Regular
[URL] http://cube.ign.com/articles/593/593733p1.html [/URL]

This all reeks of "We're Nintendo, we do things differently, we're supposed to have learned from our mistakes but we're still gonna do a damn good job at making the same ones"

Not suprisingly over 75% of people who voted found Iwatas comments discouraging.
Sat 05/03/05 at 23:03
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Gollum wrote:
> he is trying to
> get the game consoles to be as popular as they were in the days of
> the NES and SNES. They aren't as popular now as they were then! The
> market is in decline.

That's the biggest load of ball-hats I've ever read. It isn't in decline. Game sales and console sales have been rising for ages.

To be honest I saw this coming. I still think Revolution will work, I just think that it will hurt Nintendo, and possibly force all of us to buy two consoles just because Nintendo want to be different.
Sat 05/03/05 at 20:16
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Nowt wrong doing something different.

Just there's no point if at the same time you're shooting yourself, repeatedly, in the feet crying 'At least I'm different!'
Sat 05/03/05 at 18:19
Regular
"8==="
Nintendo need to equal their competitors with online support and a reasonable HD. Hardware issues are less of a problem providing they can keep a decent flow of original and exclusive titles going.

The controller must be spot-on though and accessible to western gamers (it should play FPS games and racers like a dream). Nintendo need to look at how the N64 was saved and learn from that:

A killer adult app with multiplayer (Goldeneye) + support from up and coming 3rd party developers/publishers (ie JoWood, Majesco and others /go on an 'original developer' spending spree and buy some more studios.

Striking up a deal with Fox wouldn't be a bad idea either since they are seriously looking into taking the games market by storm (they are actually thinking about BUYING EA!)
Sat 05/03/05 at 17:24
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Nintendo need 3rd Parties. :|
Sat 05/03/05 at 16:59
Regular
You'd be happy yes.

Mainsteam gamer wouldn't bother though would they.

"what is the revolution spec compared to the ps3?"
"oh sod that"
Sat 05/03/05 at 16:55
Regular
What's wrong with trying something different? Haven't we had consoles with only better technology for long enough?
I'll be happy if it had online play along with innovating ideas instead of the same old stuff.
Sat 05/03/05 at 16:36
Regular
Nintendo of Europe

Looks like Nintendo haven't learned much...I'll still stand by them if they include online play though :P
Sat 05/03/05 at 16:30
Regular
"Underbean"
Whats a noe
Sat 05/03/05 at 16:19
Edge recently interviewed NoE's Marketing Director, and by the looks of things really landed himself in a puddle. Some "oh deary me" points:

------------------

NoE: If you’re playing a game of specsmanship, then they will win that battle, that’s true. But you’ll notice that we’re not. Have we talked about our processor speed or our number of polygons? No.

E:But you can’t talk about those things because you know you can’t compete in those terms.

noE: "Well, that’s a fundamental difference of opinion. We just don’t think they’re relevant. In the end, the consumer buys the gameplay experience, it doesn’t really matter what processor you have."

I'm sure the masses will disagree with that.

---------------------------------

NoE: "I always use the movie analogy – you choose to go to a theatre based on which movie is playing, not which one has cushy seats and cup holders... given the choice between two cinemas showing the same movie, then sure I’m going to choose the Imax, 70 mm, Dolby-equipped one."

Heh, looks like Sony don't really need a Marketing director of their own.

--------------------------------
NoE: "But then we’re not showing the same movies."

Great, a box office multi-million bestseller against obscure Manga vids. Goooo Ninty!!!
Sat 05/03/05 at 16:09
Regular
The thing is, we live in a graphics vs gameplay society.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.