GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is GTA really that good?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas'.
Sat 05/03/05 at 22:11
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I myself have become a big GTA fan, particularly of Vice City. I suddenly thought to myself the other day, why do I like it? I mean look at the state of it, especially the latest installment San Andreas. The graphics are beyond crap, it is very glitchy and the gameplay can be very awkward.

I took a step back and realised that it is a combination of some very shoddy core elements held together by the less important things. The huge free-roaming element doesn't really compensate any more because it simply isn't the novelty it used to be. So please, why the hell is it still considered to be better than God?
Sat 12/03/05 at 13:47
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Yup, I'm playing through it for my third time just now, and it's my game of the year so far.
Sat 12/03/05 at 13:49
Regular
"8==="
T'is damn good.
Sat 12/03/05 at 23:21
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
the triad killer wrote:
> you are a twonk to think that gta is not that good. lets put it this
> way, when the guys at rockstar where thinking of gta 1 and 2 they
> where thinking of a game that would change gamers lives for ever.
> shore the frist two gta games where crud grafices but those games
> would resolt in the makeing of gta3,vise city and san andrass. you
> are a fricking mad man to think that gta is not that good.

So you are sticking up for these games, although you love them so much you don't know that they are not spelled vise city and san andrass? And bloody hell...grafices? i couldnt spell graphics this bad with my eyes closed (here...i will type it with my eyes closed...graphics...heh would you look at that...perfect)
Thu 17/03/05 at 10:16
Regular
"i own groovy land"
Lou Role wrote:
> the triad killer wrote:
> you are a twonk to think that gta is not that good.
>
> Why? Everyone is entitled their own opinion. Most people on here
> know I'm a big GTA fan, but not everyone HAS to like it.

because its a great game, you won't find many people who DON'T like it.
Thu 17/03/05 at 10:22
Regular
"i own groovy land"
gareth64 wrote:
> gareth64 wrote:
> Ill Did notice something tho , i was playing Driver3 today a real
> good
> film look alike game.unlike cartoon GTA
>
>
> LOL nothing beats THE GETAWAY driving around live like LONDON and
> live like Roads and trafic lights & cars i specialy like driving
> it like real life (well close's as you can get) lol

i gruss you are right, i am a big gta fan but it don't look that real unlike THE GETWAY or some other games. I still stand by my guns and say that gta (not london)is still the best in my eyes.
Thu 17/03/05 at 10:46
Regular
"..."
Well, in my opinion GTA is fun, but it ends right there. You play GTA because it's lovely to spend time driving around, stealing cars, performing hits on gangs, etc... But I don't think that it is THE best game, when I have the choice between getting a good game, and GTA, I always choose the other good game, because it's more important to play the next MGS, the next Resi Evil, the next FF... than to play the next GTA. That's what I think, but most people seem to take GTA more seriously than it deserves..
Tue 22/03/05 at 11:20
Regular
"wa hay"
it's like the best game on ps2 because it feels like there are no limits and the fun of doing the missons is great.Not just all that the graphics are good and it will last long
Tue 22/03/05 at 17:42
Regular
"The definitive tag"
shamone fool wrote:
>it will last long

San Andreas sure as hell hasn't lasted long for me. I completed it two weeks after getting it and have only played it a dozen or so times since. GTA 3 and Vice City held my attention for as long as it took for the next one to be released.
Fri 25/03/05 at 19:21
Regular
"thepoolplayer"
do u think there will be a two player on the next gta game?

or a co operative missions?
Fri 25/03/05 at 20:12
Regular
"The definitive tag"
gareth64 wrote:
> do u think there will be a two player on the next gta game?
>
> or a co operative missions?

Are you aware that this option is available in San Andreas?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.