GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is GTA really that good?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas'.
Sat 05/03/05 at 22:11
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I myself have become a big GTA fan, particularly of Vice City. I suddenly thought to myself the other day, why do I like it? I mean look at the state of it, especially the latest installment San Andreas. The graphics are beyond crap, it is very glitchy and the gameplay can be very awkward.

I took a step back and realised that it is a combination of some very shoddy core elements held together by the less important things. The huge free-roaming element doesn't really compensate any more because it simply isn't the novelty it used to be. So please, why the hell is it still considered to be better than God?
Thu 07/04/05 at 15:46
Regular
"thepoolplayer"
yeah i be relly cool if you had Tiger woods PGA 05 graphics & Driver 3 driving & timespitters shooting in GTA SA... cool....
Fri 01/04/05 at 19:31
Regular
"The definitive tag"
gareth64 wrote:
>but its the GAMEPLAY thats counts

...which is also sub-standard for at least half of the game. Controlling all of the game's vehicles feels good and it's been done well, but pretty much everything else, i.e. on foot, shooting and stealth feels about the same quality as a PSone game.
Fri 01/04/05 at 18:56
Regular
"thepoolplayer"
yes ok gta graphics not that good but its the GAMEPLAY thats counts
Fri 01/04/05 at 00:11
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I see your point, but being able to do loads of stuff isn't really that impressive when it's all executed in a rather mediocre fashion.
Thu 31/03/05 at 23:17
Regular
"thepoolplayer"
Chr1s wrote:
> I understood the first half of that mess, the bit about you being
> oblivious to how shoddy San Andreas is but after that it sort of fell
> apart and I didn't really know what the hell you were talking about.

strate forwards really. what do you like in games? do u like fighting games were you just fight and fight & fight and defeat the final boss end game.then you got to do it angain with a diffent charater.

or were in gta u can do multiple things not just the same things over and over agian.
Thu 31/03/05 at 21:32
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I understood the first half of that mess, the bit about you being oblivious to how shoddy San Andreas is but after that it sort of fell apart and I didn't really know what the hell you were talking about.
Thu 31/03/05 at 20:27
Regular
"thepoolplayer"
if anyone think that gta games are not good then thay are blind and a fool , because gta got everything you need. because i dont like playing game were you dont get anywere in the game. (fighting,driving,shoting)
Wed 30/03/05 at 22:48
Regular
"8==="
I beg to differ.
Wed 30/03/05 at 22:29
Regular
"The definitive tag"
G. Baby wrote:
> Hey change to xbox, The multi pack of gta is awesome and san andreas
> coming in june its great!!

Seems like a rather daft idea. The multi-pack is available for PS2 as well, and San Andreas was released months ago. With these two prerequisites, what would be the need for an XBOX? The difference in quality isn't that big.
Wed 30/03/05 at 19:14
Regular
"No Info"
knuckles wrote:
> GTA 3 is rubbish, Vice City is rubbish and sanandreas was even worse
> than those two put together!

Hey change to xbox, The multi pack of gta is awesome and san andreas coming in june its great!!

PS2 Graphics are rubbish, But the style of ps2 the slim is 5x greater.
Xbox Graphics are perfect, You also record you fave songs into the console, No need for a memory card, And the official xbox mags feature live play, Which ps2 official mag never get's, The style of xbox it's 3x ok.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.