GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Winning gameaday?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 26/05/04 at 23:27
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Yea edgy was it hard winning 27 times, how many did you win with reviews.

You must have typed an awful lot of reviews up.
Thu 27/05/04 at 20:15
Regular
Dark Mark and I have written our own seperate reviews on our own website. Though most are too long to be included in the Special Reserve forums, we have tried to keep them to as high a quality as possible. [URL]www.lorl.co.uk/reviews/reviews.htm[/URL]

Read through them as some examples as to what to include and what not, but my best advice would be to click down the winners list on the Gameaday page and read some actual winners.

Note: Copying of reviews onto ukreviews is not permitted. So don't try copying our own work.

Points to include in reviews on ukreviews: Why do you actually enjoy the game? What made it worthwhile for you?

You need to say what you liked and disliked about it. Try not to say some of the stereotypical stuff such as "This gayme is kiddie so don't play it" and so on - that doesn't help people choose games on SR.
Thu 27/05/04 at 20:11
Regular
"sdomehtongng"

AJ wins.
Thu 27/05/04 at 20:04
Regular
"wats up doc?"
Edgy wrote:
> You've been checking me out eh?
>
> If we're showing off now, I've actually won 30.
>
> 28 under my current account (the number was never increased for my
> EGAD - not that I care as it's only a number)
> 1 under a previous account also under the name of 'Edgy' - was
> removed when someone hacked it.
> 1 under a previous previous account also under the name of 'Edgy' -
> can't remember what happened to that, but for some reason I had to
> re-register.
>
> I have done many reviews - though a percentage of them were from
> hacking my own cheats in an old Game Boy original game with an Action
> Replay, many many topics, and a couple walkthroughs.
>
> It is hard to win, but was even harder in the old days. If you went
> to school/work during a normal 9-5 day, you had no chance as the
> winner was chosen at 11am during the same day.
>
> Took me months of campaigning to get that sorted.
>
> Anyway, it requires hard work and a decent ability at typing.
> However, don't spend all your time trying to win Gameaday, otherwise
> you'll become glued to your PC and will hiss at the sunlight.

Edgy, since you have won many prices and know what makes a good review, can you let me know?
I have been trying to win games for ages, I have posted many reviews which I thought werent that bad; But something seems to be missing which is avoiding any more GAD's.
Thu 27/05/04 at 20:02
Regular
Edgy wrote:

> It is hard to win, but was even harder in the old days. If you went
> to school/work during a normal 9-5 day, you had no chance as the
> winner was chosen at 11am during the same day.
>

and the fact that for about the first 4 or 5 months they pretty much refused to let anyone win twice!
Thu 27/05/04 at 19:59
Regular
"wats up doc?"
Der Nazi wrote:
> My wins total eleven, from walkthroughs, cheats and one extra
> Gameaday, with second place the UKCheats bonanza.
>
> And Kernel- I advise that you write walkthroughs as well, seeing as
> one of decent length will equal a win. Plus, for reasons of
> correction, Meka's wins are mostly through the well worded articulate
> topics he starts.

Thanks for th tip, But things do I need to incude in my review/walkthrough?
And by the way, which one out of 'Reviews' and 'Walkthroughs' have more chance of winning?
Thu 27/05/04 at 19:58
Regular
It's just a coincidence that he's won 41 and written 41 reviews, he's won many for other reason like threads etc.

They use to have 2 GAD and 1 DVD in one day for awhile. Or was it a cheaper game I can't remember. I'm sure you could win lots if you studied it. How many reviews/walkthrough are submitted each day, has someone posted a big thread that might win it, or perhaps a decent walkthrough. If you submit them later in the day atleast then you'll be aware of the other competition.

Awhile ago it was a lot easier to win because there were so many but now I get the impression some people can't be bothered anymore. If SR are going to do competitions they shouldnt have them run for so long especially for just a game.

I would suggest they make Monday a competition day, a week is enough to do whatever is needed. Atleast it should encourage more people to do something constructive. Or maybe just something simple that everyone even those unfortunate enough not to have an talent can take part. If you look at the list a good few of places are filled by the same people especially Rickoss and Disco Dexy, well done to them of course :)
Thu 27/05/04 at 19:58
Regular
"wats up doc?"
H²O wrote:
> The secret to winning is to manage to get the words 'chitti chitti' in
> as many times as you can. Without the reader noticing.
>
> Have a look at mine. I bet you cant even find them.

Whats that got to do?
Thu 27/05/04 at 19:51
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
My wins total eleven, from walkthroughs, cheats and one extra Gameaday, with second place the UKCheats bonanza.

And Kernel- I advise that you write walkthroughs as well, seeing as one of decent length will equal a win. Plus, for reasons of correction, Meka's wins are mostly through the well worded articulate topics he starts.
Thu 27/05/04 at 19:46
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
The secret to winning is to manage to get the words 'chitti chitti' in as many times as you can. Without the reader noticing.

Have a look at mine. I bet you cant even find them.
Thu 27/05/04 at 19:43
Regular
"wats up doc?"
You lot are champions, I have only won once, although Im trying to win another one.

Can any one give me some advices on a good review, I only won once and that was partly luck.

Have you noticed the Meka Dragon has posted 41 reviews and won them all!
A bit suspicious isn't it? Or he could just be talented.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.