GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Latest OPS2M info"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 20/04/01 at 11:52
Regular
I got my subscription copy of the latest Official PS2 mag through today - brief details for those interested (as I know you usually are):

Coverdisc:
Playable demos:
Star Wars: Starfighter
Sky Odyssey
Warriors of Might and Magic

Video footage:
Red Faction
F1 2001
SSX
Shadowman 2
ZOE
Star Wars: Super Bombad Racing
MDK2: Armageddon
Bloody Roar 3
Giants: Citizen Kabuto
Gun Griffon Blaze

Magazine:
World Exclusive review of PS2 Crazy Taxi, info on Commandos 2 and other WW2 games, RE:CV and Devil May Cry

News about: Sega's Headhunter, Hidden & Dangerous 2, Escape from Monkey Island, Ecco the Dolphin, Ferrari 355 Challenge, Battle of the Planets.

One of the most interesting parts (for me anyway) is on page 47, where there's more news on Dropship; it is *not* an RTS game; instead it is "a melding of flight sim, strategy game and action. It's described as "one of PS2's most exciting and original" games. Can't wait! :-)
Wed 09/05/01 at 15:04
"High polygon count"
Wòókiee Møn§†€R wrote:
> I completed Shadow of Memories last
> weekend, and I can't see myself playing through it again for the
> alternate endings, so I''m thinking of PX'ing it for Sky Odyssey.

Well, I PX'd it in Game at lunch time, and got Sky Odyssey for £19.99 - £20 off the RRP!

Roll on tonight!
Mon 07/05/01 at 19:40
khazar wrote:
> How come everyone here seems good at putting me off games.

I still bought it and am glad I did.

I also bought ISS, SSX, Timesplitters, Pool Master and Ready to Rumble and don't regret one.

Different people have different tastes. You need to decide whether you really think it will be your type of game. It doesn't bother me that there isn't too much interaction, because the graphics and story still make it one of the best releases. Most of the PS2 magazine reviews have got it right - read up on it and decide.
Mon 07/05/01 at 19:19
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
How come everyone here seems good at putting me off games.
Mon 07/05/01 at 19:14
khazar wrote:
> So is shadow of memories bad or good.

It looks amazing and the story keeps you playing, but it can be finished in a few hours. There are 5 (I think) different endings, but you might not want to bother replaying the game. It's a good one to show off to your mates, but the gameplay isn't that involving. Definitely worth playing to finish it at least once.
Mon 07/05/01 at 19:07
I've been playing Sky Odyssey this weekend. It's pretty addictive stuff - a good learning curve on the missions, good variety of planes (which each control very differently), some good visual effects (although overall graphics aren't great - lots of fogging and some plain scenery), various gaming modes etc. Some of the missions take a bit too long and can be frustrating when you crash the plane 10 minutes in and have to do the boring bits again.

My partner works in a video store and gets free rents so I get most of the games out for afew days. I don't know whether I'd consider buying this one just yet - I might play it again, but it didn't strike me as being anything amazing. Try renting it if you can. Blockbuster Video let you rent a game, and if you then buy it they take the rental cost off the price. If you've got the cash to spare for a game every few weeks go for it - at least it's something a bit different for all those PS2 pessimists out there.

I played Kuri Kuri Mix as well - the first few levels are good and take a little thought to get through, but then it gets almost impossibly hard (or maybe it was just me being crap). I don't think i'll be playing it again though.

The most addictive game I've played has been Pool Master (I've put a review up on it) - but I'm a fan of the game anyway. What I'm waiting for at the mo are Formula 1 2001, MTV Music Generator and World Championship Snooker.
Mon 07/05/01 at 19:05
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
So ya don't like it then.
Mon 07/05/01 at 19:01
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
For the record:

As I have bought and milked almost every PS2 in existence, I have to say the OPS2 has the most comprehensive reviews, latest features, and mature content. It doesn't have to resort to semi-naked women and swearing to entice its readers into buying the next issue.

The coverdisk is a mere bonus

Also for the record, PSM2 comes a near, but not close, second
Mon 07/05/01 at 18:53
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
So is shadow of memories bad or good.
Sun 06/05/01 at 23:04
"High polygon count"
Goatboy wrote:
> Sky Odyssey has interested me from launch day.
>
> Getting it at lunchtime to see what's what with it
> before I purchase this one.

So what do people think of Sky Odyssey then?

I only got round to looking at this disc today, and I'm hooked on the demo.

I completed Shadow of Memories last weekend, and I can't see myself playing through it again for the alternate endings, so I''m thinking of PX'ing it for Sky Odyssey.
Wed 02/05/01 at 10:45
I'd hope for some sequels to old point n clickers like Sam & Max, and Day of the Tentacle. In plush 3D of course ;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.