GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I've been "Ganked""

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'World of Warcraft'.
Mon 07/03/05 at 10:03
Regular
Ok on the official WOW Europe site they have a word for when you get the crap kicked out of you when're already in a fight with a NPC or get killed by a guy 20 levels above you: "ganked". So I’ve decided to make a list of the assholles who have "ganked" me or corpse camped me and I want you to post yours too. Why? Because they deserve to be laughed at.

Original post:
[URL]http://forums-en.wow-europe.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-pvp-en&t=5184&p=1&tmp=1#post5184[/URL]

I'll start us off:

Pointy and Totemraiser (Two shamans) - Attacked me as I was fighting another guy then pretended to leave so when I respawned they could run out from the bushes and smite me. Cowardly and very sad. I pity thee

Enstropa - Me and a level 35 (someone I just met) were standing at a bay and he comes along and my "friend" decides to leave the game and so I’m left with him its obvious he can kill me so I do the beg emotion a few times to try and get him to let me pass, but no he goes stealth and murders me and runs off, well done I bet that makes you feel real strong and cool doesn’t it? Loser.

Nerds.
Mon 07/03/05 at 18:41
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Creepy wrote:
> Enstropa - Me and a level 35 (someone I just met) were standing at a
> bay and he comes along and my "friend" decides to leave the
> game and so I’m left with him its obvious he can kill me so I do the
> beg emotion a few times to try and get him to let me pass, but no he
> goes stealth and murders me and runs off, well done I bet that makes
> you feel real strong and cool doesn’t it? Loser.

Creepy wrote:
> Its fun killing the really low levels when they join in fighting
> cause they think they’re safe because they have a nerd backing them
> up.
Mon 07/03/05 at 15:55
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Creepy wrote:
> It went down well with the Europe forum nerds.

I can't even use the forums, apparently the support team are "looking into it" and have "forwarded my details" but that was 2 weeks ago now. Lameoids.
Mon 07/03/05 at 15:52
Regular
As a general rule I kill any Alliance I see, but I never corpse camp. Once they've been killed, that's it.
Mon 07/03/05 at 14:40
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I'm a level 14 warrior.
I had a level 32 enemy run up to me and basically tell me he was going to kill me.
I laughed and sat on the floor, he demanded I fight him - I'll give him his due, he didn't just start laying into me.
So I logged out whilst he was angrily shouting I fight.
By the time he probably realised, I was already playing Counterstrike
Mon 07/03/05 at 13:07
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Gah, the other day as I was killing a few NPC’s in the middle of a quest, some jumped up shaman (or priest, I can’t remember exactly) decided to attack me after my health had been reduced to almost quarter of what it was. I died, and got slightly annoyed.

So after resurrecting, I replenished my health and sought out this gooner who was still in the area. We where the same level so I was sure that he’d welcome the challenge of facing off another player of equal strength. Yet, after successfully sneaking up behind him and starting to use some long range attacks, rather than stay and fight, he ran away.

But, this sort of thing doesn’t bother me anymore. I’ve come to realise that while some will gladly avoid confrontations with rival players who couldn’t possibly put up much of a fight, there will always be those who do the opposite. It’s inevitable and unavoidable, so I choose not to get annoyed by it anymore, I knew these kinds of things would happen when I joined a PvP server, so bleh.
Mon 07/03/05 at 12:03
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Ahhahha

'Yeah, it's my fault some geeks decided to be idiots and kill me'
Mon 07/03/05 at 12:02
Regular
They're all basically saying its my fault. Fecking charming. What a bunch acne crazed retards.
Mon 07/03/05 at 12:00
Regular
"gsybe you!"
They're probably the ones who do it.

I hate people online. Mosta decen, but you get f**kheads who just want to win at any cost.
Mon 07/03/05 at 11:57
Regular
It went down well with the Europe forum nerds.

Oh yay.

twunts
Mon 07/03/05 at 11:35
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Tw*ts online are t*ats online.

They exist in every single goddamn online game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.