GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I've been "Ganked""

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'World of Warcraft'.
Mon 07/03/05 at 10:03
Regular
Ok on the official WOW Europe site they have a word for when you get the crap kicked out of you when're already in a fight with a NPC or get killed by a guy 20 levels above you: "ganked". So I’ve decided to make a list of the assholles who have "ganked" me or corpse camped me and I want you to post yours too. Why? Because they deserve to be laughed at.

Original post:
[URL]http://forums-en.wow-europe.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-pvp-en&t=5184&p=1&tmp=1#post5184[/URL]

I'll start us off:

Pointy and Totemraiser (Two shamans) - Attacked me as I was fighting another guy then pretended to leave so when I respawned they could run out from the bushes and smite me. Cowardly and very sad. I pity thee

Enstropa - Me and a level 35 (someone I just met) were standing at a bay and he comes along and my "friend" decides to leave the game and so I’m left with him its obvious he can kill me so I do the beg emotion a few times to try and get him to let me pass, but no he goes stealth and murders me and runs off, well done I bet that makes you feel real strong and cool doesn’t it? Loser.

Nerds.
Fri 11/03/05 at 12:48
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Ah, that'll be me and my priest then :S

A thought - Honour in PvP sounds like one on one combat as well as in groups. Hence, a lvl 60 priest, no matter how good, will probably be kicked to s*s**t by a lvl 60 warrior, no?

Hmmmm.
Thu 10/03/05 at 12:50
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Chippxero wrote:
> cipro wrote:
> Anyway
> [URL]http://www.wow-europe.com/en/pvp/pvp-article-part2.html[/URL]
>
> i want that armor :*(

Best get sharpening that axe then, Blizzard only expect on in one thousand people to actually gain the top rank from the honour system. It’ll take allot of killing to get those kinds of rewards.
Wed 09/03/05 at 18:44
Regular
"Captain to you."
cipro wrote:
> Anyway
> [URL]http://www.wow-europe.com/en/pvp/pvp-article-part2.html[/URL]

i want that armor :*(
Wed 09/03/05 at 17:08
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I just want to stay killing wolves.
Wed 09/03/05 at 17:00
Regular
"A man with a stick"
For anyone who's worried about being Gawped, or whatever the hell you want to call it (getting your ass kicked seems more appropriate) Blizzard are going to release an honour system, which I think they had in the BETA.

Essentially, you'll be awarded points for every Player Vs Player kill you get, the more points you gain, the higher the rank you'll climb and eventually you'll be able to claim rewards such as armour and even mounts, though you'd have to kill an awful lot to get those kinds of rewards.

Here's the neat little thing, you'll only gain points from Honourable kills, i.e., players of equal ability, not someone 10 levels below you. In fact, you'll have points deducted if you decide to go on killing low level non playable characters.

Anyway [URL]http://www.wow-europe.com/en/pvp/pvp-article-part2.html[/URL]
Tue 08/03/05 at 15:32
Regular
"I wish I was taller"
ha I laugh at the word 'ganked' hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!
Mon 07/03/05 at 21:37
Regular
"8==="
Sounds realistic.

You were Iraq this time round. ;)
Mon 07/03/05 at 21:34
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
But the flipside to this complaint (and that forum really don't like you Creepy!) is that I frequently challenge and attempt to kill players several levels higher than myself.
Mon 07/03/05 at 20:07
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Creepy, the sad thing is that I know that, if it was you, you'd do the same to the poor defenseless people.

You're that kind of nerd.
Mon 07/03/05 at 19:56
Regular
So? A bit of hypocrisy.

But their demise was different; they attacked me when I wasn't going to harm them. On mine he attacked because he knew he had the upper hand. There's a difference, I think.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.