GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"does anyone like my essay?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 22/05/04 at 17:52
Regular
The title is 'should corporal punishment be reintroduced?'
Its a piece of english coursework which i have rewritten 3 times. Although it isn't finished yet, I could still use some feedback on it.

People are killed everyday. Its a fact of life. There are always people who will bring harm to others. The world isn't perfect. But what would happen if some form of execution was reintroduced in Britain? Would this make the world a safer place? By deterring evil people, by threat of death? I think it would. Their are lots of benefits to executing a murderer, before they kill you. I will start by saying that some people cannot be helped. They are born evil and no push in the right direction can change that. But why should we constantly have to look over our shoulders in a dark alley? Or think twice about walking past nasty looking people? Everything would be so much better, if the electrice chair was warmed up once more.
A sick minded murderer would never have the opportunity to kill again.If corporal punishment was reintroduced. They would be sent to prison for whatever malicious crime and never be given another chance. This is why execution would be such a good idea. Suppose this; A madman hacks somebody up and goes to prison for just 8 years. Then he is release and wants to kill again. And he does, thanks to our corrupt useless justice system. Alot of suffering and sadness could have been avoided if this man had been executed for his first crime. Not just, pathetically being made to site in a room behind bars, for several years and get released by looking sorry in an appeal.
Any lunatic wouldn't contemplate murder if the consequences were harsher. Execution would probably act as a good repellant. People would eventually learn that murder was wrong and im sure this would make our prisons alot more spacious. Even people from unscrupulous, broken backgrounds wouldn't have the desire to kill, through fear of being killed themselves. Now matter how they are raised, no one wants to die, do they? Prison could be promoted. Things like television and magaazine advertisments could be implemented to warn people what would happen if they murdered anyone. I think corporal punishment would change the world for the better.

Their you have it. Please dont be to nasty about it. Say something nice or dont say anything at all. Although im welcome to constructive criticism.
Mon 24/05/04 at 20:06
Regular
"SOUP!"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> Paradox: wrote:
> I assumed you were older RBS!
>
> Thankyou :-)

So that makes you like the only notable (bar sheepy) under 30 ?
Mon 24/05/04 at 19:56
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
Oh my god..i remember doing my GCSE essay on 'should capital punishment be re-introduced'..we watched a film called 'Two Weeks in May'
Mon 24/05/04 at 19:37
Regular
"You've upset me"
Paradox: wrote:
> I assumed you were older RBS!

Thankyou :-)
Mon 24/05/04 at 19:28
Regular
"SOUP!"
I assumed you were older RBS!
Mon 24/05/04 at 19:23
Regular
"You've upset me"
I'm in year 10 and my English coursework essays have to be around 1000 words... You get it easy mate!
Mon 24/05/04 at 18:52
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Paradox: wrote:
> green ferocity wrote:
> thanks alot paradox. your feedback and tips were very useful to me.
> are you a teacher?
>
> Nope, in an AS level English student with a heart.

"ROFL"
Mon 24/05/04 at 18:11
Regular
"SOUP!"
Just a couple of things I would change. My annotation is in bold

green ferocity wrote:
> It is a fact of life that people are killed everyday. There are
> always people who will bring harm to others in some shape or form.
> The world isn't perfect, although, theoretically nothing is. But what
> would happen if some form of execution was reintroduced in Britain?
> Would this make the world a safer place? Would the threat of death
> deter egotistic change this word to "psychotic" or something people from committing murder? I think it would.
> There are lots of benefits to executing a murderer, before they kill
> you. I fail to see any, if you think there are benefits then give examplesI will start by saying that some people cannot be helped. They
> are born cruel and no push in the right direction can change that.
> But why should we constantly have to look over our shoulders in a
> dark alley? Or think twice about walking through a seedy looking
> area? Everything would be so much better, if the electric chair was
> warmed up once more.
> A sick minded murderer would never have the opportunity to kill
> again. If corporal punishment was reintroduced. They would be sent to
> prison for whatever malicious crime and never be given another
> chance. This is why execution would be such a good idea. Suppose
> this; a madman hacks somebody up and goes to prison for just eight
> years. Then he is releasereleaseD and wants to kill again. And he does,
> thanks to our corrupt, outdated justice system. A lot of suffering
> and sadness could have been avoided if this man had been executed for
> his first crime. Not just, take the comma outpathetically being made to sit in a room
> behind bars, for several years and get released by looking sorry in
> an appeal.
> Any lunatic potential muderer, not "lunatic"wouldn't contemplate murder if the consequences were
> harsher. Execution would probably act as a good repellent. People
> would eventually learn that murder was wrong and I'm sure this would
> make our prisons a lot more spacious. Even people from unscrupulous,
> broken backgrounds wouldn't have the desire to kill, through fear of
> being killed themselves. Now matter how they are raised no one wants
> to die, do they? Prison could be promoted. Things like television and
> magazine advertisements could be implemented to warn people what
> would happen if they murdered anyone. I think corporal punishment
> would change the world for the better.
> I do not think people with psychotic debilities debilities is a word?should avoid
> corporal punishment. There would be a basic rule. Kill and be killed,
> no matter what the circumstances. This would also save the government
> a lot of money because they would not need to rehabilitate mental not mental, 'mental' people can be harmless. Use "evil" or something
> people. Murderers these days are usually mental in some way that is
> why they kill. You do not get many people who kill because they are
> bored.
> 20 years ago a hefty prison sentence may have been enough to
> rehabilitate and teach a murderer in some way. But nowadays all
> prison teaches a person is how to fabricate simple weapons and kill
> More discreetly. To put it bluntly, all our prison system now are
> like training facilities for up and coming mass murderers.
> In conclusion I really think that Britain needs to be a lot
> harsher with murderers. These people do not deserve second chances,
> or anything. They are scum, so should be treated that way. They are
> not fit to be alive after taking the life of an innocent person. It
> may sound extreme to call somebody evil. But unfortunately IN MY OPINION (you HAVE to say its your opinion) that is
> just what some people are. Execution would be a relatively painless
> experience. Lethal injection could be used. It is still used in Texas
> and their murder rate is generally lower than most other states in
> America....as a result of this punishment being in place - which shows the system works.

Much better than last time matey.
Mon 24/05/04 at 18:02
Regular
"SOUP!"
green ferocity wrote:
> thanks alot paradox. your feedback and tips were very useful to me.
> are you a teacher?

Nope, in an AS level English student with a heart.
Mon 24/05/04 at 11:33
Regular
"gsybe you!"
green ferocity wrote:
> Any lunatic wouldn't contemplate murder if the consequences were
> harsher

I thought a lunatic wouldn't care about anything?

What you are amounting to is that anyone kills anyone for no reason, regardless of any mental condition, they are dead. Hmmm.
Sun 23/05/04 at 18:07
Regular
the finished essay:

Should corporal punishment be reintroduced? Argue the points for and against this question.

It is a fact of life that people are killed everyday. There are always people who will bring harm to others in some shape or form. The world isn't perfect, although, theoretically nothing is. But what would happen if some form of execution was reintroduced in Britain? Would this make the world a safer place? Would the threat of death deter egotistic people from committing murder? I think it would. There are lots of benefits to executing a murderer, before they kill you. I will start by saying that some people cannot be helped. They are born cruel and no push in the right direction can change that. But why should we constantly have to look over our shoulders in a dark alley? Or think twice about walking through a seedy looking area? Everything would be so much better, if the electric chair was warmed up once more.
A sick minded murderer would never have the opportunity to kill again. If corporal punishment was reintroduced. They would be sent to prison for whatever malicious crime and never be given another chance. This is why execution would be such a good idea. Suppose this; a madman hacks somebody up and goes to prison for just eight years. Then he is release and wants to kill again. And he does, thanks to our corrupt, outdated justice system. A lot of suffering and sadness could have been avoided if this man had been executed for his first crime. Not just, pathetically being made to sit in a room behind bars, for several years and get released by looking sorry in an appeal.
Any lunatic wouldn't contemplate murder if the consequences were harsher. Execution would probably act as a good repellent. People would eventually learn that murder was wrong and I'm sure this would make our prisons a lot more spacious. Even people from unscrupulous, broken backgrounds wouldn't have the desire to kill, through fear of being killed themselves. Now matter how they are raised no one wants to die, do they? Prison could be promoted. Things like television and magazine advertisements could be implemented to warn people what would happen if they murdered anyone. I think corporal punishment would change the world for the better.
I do not think people with psychotic debilities should avoid corporal punishment. There would be a basic rule. Kill and be killed, no matter what the circumstances. This would also save the government a lot of money because they would not need to rehabilitate mental people. Murderers these days are usually mental in some way that is why they kill. You do not get many people who kill because they are bored.
20 years ago a hefty prison sentence may have been enough to rehabilitate and teach a murderer in some way. But nowadays all prison teaches a person is how to fabricate simple weapons and kill
More discreetly. To put it bluntly, all our prison system now are like training facilities for up and coming mass murderers.
In conclusion I really think that Britain needs to be a lot harsher with murderers. These people do not deserve second chances, or anything. They are scum, so should be treated that way. They are not fit to be alive after taking the life of an innocent person. It may sound extreme to call somebody evil. But unfortunately that is just what some people are. Execution would be a relatively painless experience. Lethal injection could be used. It is still used in Texas and their murder rate is generally lower than most other states in America.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.