GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"University"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/05/04 at 16:52
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
Is it really worth it?

This topic is really for those at uni. Who's moved away and who hasn't? Whats your uni accomodation like?
Fri 21/05/04 at 16:52
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
Is it really worth it?

This topic is really for those at uni. Who's moved away and who hasn't? Whats your uni accomodation like?
Fri 21/05/04 at 16:53
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
University standards must be declining.

Fri 21/05/04 at 16:54
Regular
I don't use student accomodation, I travel to Uni.

was it worth the mountains of debt I now have?

I'll let you know if I get a decent job.
Fri 21/05/04 at 16:54
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
Why did you chose to travel to uni?
Fri 21/05/04 at 16:57
Regular
because the Uni I go to is only 20 miles from my house, and the place is a dump (Bolton)
Fri 21/05/04 at 17:00
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
Did you not want to go further away? to say a London uni?
Fri 21/05/04 at 17:02
Regular
If I'd thought about it maybe. But at the time I was desperate to get studying, I was 19 already and most of my friends were almost finishing their degrees.

If I'd moved away I'd probably be in even more debt, although my degree would have held more weight. It's a mixed bag.

Bottom line, I hate being a student.
Fri 21/05/04 at 17:03
Regular
Anyway, I'm going to the gym to sweat buckets.

adios.
Sat 22/05/04 at 01:08
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I didnt move away from home, purely because i couldnt afford to, and parents were dead set against me getting a loan. Dont question it, thats how it is.

Because i stayed at home i think it effected my experience of it. Its not been all its cracked up to be for me. Partly because my english course hasnt been what i expected, though i have changed some modules next year and will also be taking a minor in Journalism, so that will improve.

While i have made friends, i have suffered in that respect a little, my new friends arent perhaps as close as i would have liked, but saying that i have only been there less than a year. I also think the fact i dislike going out clubbing every night sets me apart from alot of the people who go to uni. I'd prefer a drink down the pub and a game of pool with a group of friends rather than spending too much money on something i dont enjoy, then waking up the next morning feeling sore for it and not remembering what i had done. Im not boring, thats just not what i enjoy.

Overall im glad i have gone to Uni, and intend to see out my course, just my personal experience hasnt been what i expected.
Wed 26/05/04 at 15:41
Regular
"lets go back"
I hope its worth it. I'm Starting in September. Its going to seem strange not knowing anybody tho. It'll be a lot different from school I'm assuming, and I'll miss all of my friends.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.