GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Weed"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 17/05/04 at 14:18
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
What are your opinions on it?

Is it as bad as people make out?

I'm not asking you if you do it so only reveal that if you wish to.
Mon 17/05/04 at 15:35
Regular
"Not a Jew"
ßora† §agdiyeV wrote:
> I have no plans to give it up completely, unless I get a job that
> demands it - I'd never go to work stoned, I'm talking about drugs
> tests.

Yeh, but it stays in your body for about 80 days after you smoke it.
Mon 17/05/04 at 15:21
Regular
I used to smoke truck-loads of the stuff. Pretty much every day. My head was up my ass for the most part, and I felt a paranoid wreck quite often. It's a bad habit to get into, smoking every day - unless it has a purpose, as in Tims case.

Now I smoke it perhaps once a week, if that. I can take it or leave it. I do enjoy the odd smoke, it's fun to see the world from such a none-serious, and relaxed perspective. But smoke it too often, and it'll do the exact opposite - make you anxious, paranoid and lacking in confidence and decision making skills.

I have no plans to give it up completely, unless I get a job that demands it - I'd never go to work stoned, I'm talking about drugs tests.

And as for the legal issue, I can't see any problem with decriminalising it. It really isn't a big problem, certainly not as big a problem as alcohol abuse. People will smoke it whether it's legal or not, I think police resources would be better used catching people selling and abusing harder drugs such as heroin - which wrecks lives in many, many ways.

If it were to be decriminalised, the age limit should be 18, like alcohol is. Although this seems to make little difference - working in a supermarket, I see parents buying kids that could be no older than 14 alcopops. The UK seems to have an obsession with alcohol, even to the point where a great many (in my view irresponsible) parents see it to be completely reasonable to give children the stuff.

I am what I would consider a moderate drinker. I don't drink at all during the week, but go a bit silly on friday/saturday nights. I think it's a health time bomb for anyone who pours gallons of beer down their throats every weekend - but it's become socially acceptable.
Mon 17/05/04 at 15:15
Regular
"Not a Jew"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> it affects your memory

The reason why I don't do it anymore - and it's a bloody good reason.
Mon 17/05/04 at 15:13
Regular
"That's right!"
Na, weed is crap. That's why I've never gone on to other drugs (and probably never will) because for every good time I had smoking weed, I had about five bad times.

Once you do weed your brain is never the same again. Like coke, it affects your memory and basically messes you up. Fair enough, smoke it a bit, even if it's just to say you've done it (that way you'll learn it's crap and avoid it in future) but some people I know can't go two hours without a smoke. Each to his own and all that, and I drink so I can't say I'm totally anti-drugs, but it's pretty pathetic.
Mon 17/05/04 at 15:07
Regular
"Not a Jew"
As far as I am concerned there is nothing wrong with a social spliff in the company of friends. It is when you smoke it 24/7 everywhere when problems develop. It is a drug and there are side effects, and people I know are sort of screwed up because of it, but that is only because they have been smoking it every day for 3 years. And it is not addictive, no matter what people say.
Mon 17/05/04 at 14:58
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I remember a rather "heated" discussion on the pros and cons of cannabis ... [URL]http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?threadid=93106&forumid=423[/URL]
Mon 17/05/04 at 14:48
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
~Darling~ wrote:
> Wrong? Yes, or no?

No. A 16 year old girl is not breaking the law. Morally questionable, but not illegal. A 16 year old lad having sex with a 15 year old girl *is* however. There has to be a limit, and unfortunately, it's black and white.
Mon 17/05/04 at 14:40
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
Ok this topic was about something else but this will help with my law revision.

Age limits are in place to protect minors, such as 16 for sex and 18 for alcohol.

If a 15 year old girl and a 16 year old boy have sex, he will get 'done' for statutory rape. However if a 24 year old man and a 16 year old girl (for example) have sex, then they have done no wrong in the eyes of the law.

Wrong? Yes, or no?
Mon 17/05/04 at 14:38
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
I don't really know. 18 would be the obvious choice, but that wouldn't give people the free role on it. It should still be illegal to walk through the streets openly smoking it.

It'll never be legalised though, as the government have no way of slapping a tax on it.
Mon 17/05/04 at 14:37
Regular
Yummy!

But it shouldn't be legalised.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.