GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WHO SHOULD BE THE FOG "NOTABLES""

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 18/04/01 at 20:52
Regular
POLLING IS NOW CLOSED

The FIVE Notables are:

Fantasy Meister
Grix Thraves
Meka_Dragon
Sniper
Ant

After due consideration the term Notable has been defined as:

Somebody who has made a strong contribution to the success of the Future of Gaming Forum and helped to make it a special place.

The election of Notables is by the regulars to the forum, so being elected is to be "recognised", like an award.

Notables have zero pay, zero duties and no greater chance of winning Gameaday than anybody else. I hope they will help to ensure future high standards on this forum.

There will be one extra Notable elected every three months.
Page:
Fri 20/04/01 at 12:17
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Yeah sorry I was stressed - exams, foot and mouth and the fact I nearly died made me a tad annoyed you could say!

POWER OF THE SHEEP
Fri 20/04/01 at 09:02
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Hi Kids.

I was away from a computer yesterday and saw this Notable thing.

I saw I was nominated, and I would like to thank my agent, my fans and most of all....

But seriously, I came here in Feb,and since then visit whilst at work because posts make me laugh, get annoyed and generally get me through slow afternoons at work.

I'm glad I'm not "A Notable", because those in positions of elevated status are all too ripe for backlash and whisperings of discontent.

I would like to know 1 thing: How does being a Notable affect the Gameaday?
Are you given preference or disqualified?

Hang on, why do I even care?
Glad to be back after a day fixing rubbish car problems.

Now, Black and White....
Fri 20/04/01 at 02:29
Also - online stats of GAD and FAD winners would be good.

AND I would like a really good explanation as to why FantasyFootball.com is not still running, and why myself and Daz10 never won the prizes!? We surely deserved to win! Thanks!
By Bye, it's late...
Fri 20/04/01 at 02:00
Hmm - I think Tony, you are right. Sega's marketing team was actually run by not very intelligent monkeys, and so they supported Arsenal, naturally (kidding - no offence), and spent £10million on the DC being on the shirt - for 3 years. Dreamcast has 5 football games, of which I can honestly say only UEFA Striker is any good at all. Talk about great planning.... Sega should've sponsered a graffiti club - Jet Set Radio should've sold big time.

About that Arsenal shirt though - maybe it will say SEGA in white on the front instead of Dreamcast next season - that'd be good.
Fri 20/04/01 at 01:56
A link to the stats is a good idea

it would stop everyone asking you all the time Tony
Fri 20/04/01 at 01:55
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Dan2K1 wrote:

> Was that spelled like that intentionally?

er, no.
Fri 20/04/01 at 01:53
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Yes a link will go to the stats.

I read your ad idea. Yes I think it would work tremendously well.

What I fail to understand about Sega is why they though the best way to spend megabucks is to advertise on Arsenal shirts. The cost seems out of proportion with their sales potential, but of course I might be wrong.
Fri 20/04/01 at 01:50
Tony wrote:
> I read the post, it was good.

But I never get to see any ads, and
> I have an aweful memory!

Was that spelled like that intentionally? Hmm, also Do you like my new gaming advert idea!? Thanks
Fri 20/04/01 at 01:50
Also - in regards to Sheepy - look at the American president now! He is in a spot of bother. Oh well, I don't think the SR notables are really gonna let the fame go to their heads - they are already famous. Tony you put up an actual link to the stats?

Good good.

Dan
Fri 20/04/01 at 01:48
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
I read the post, it was good.

But I never get to see any ads, and I have an aweful memory!
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.