GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WHO SHOULD BE THE FOG "NOTABLES""

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 18/04/01 at 20:52
Regular
POLLING IS NOW CLOSED

The FIVE Notables are:

Fantasy Meister
Grix Thraves
Meka_Dragon
Sniper
Ant

After due consideration the term Notable has been defined as:

Somebody who has made a strong contribution to the success of the Future of Gaming Forum and helped to make it a special place.

The election of Notables is by the regulars to the forum, so being elected is to be "recognised", like an award.

Notables have zero pay, zero duties and no greater chance of winning Gameaday than anybody else. I hope they will help to ensure future high standards on this forum.

There will be one extra Notable elected every three months.
Page:
Fri 20/04/01 at 16:38
Regular
Don't we have a chance to win?
Fri 20/04/01 at 16:34
Regular
It's declined you know.
Fri 20/04/01 at 15:20
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Toot! Toot!!

:-)
Fri 20/04/01 at 15:19
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
No resentment at all.
My posts are 9/10 in fun and light hearted.
The Gameaday thing was just a thought, I appreciate that it's neutral and unbiased.

One question though concerning stats:

Has anyone ordered Train Simulator?

Fri 20/04/01 at 15:16
"possibly impossible"
I think it will work well, everyone on FOG certainly seems to be interested in all the stats and stuff.

Also, the SR mag didn't have any mention of FOG members or our reviews in this month, I'm aware that next month there's a plan to feature some of this and I think it's a great idea. Gives the people here a better chance of feeling like they are contributing to the company.
Fri 20/04/01 at 15:04
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
pb wrote:
> It would be nice to see the history of GAD winners.

I agree. I'll see what I can do.

As you can tell, I am on a bit of a crusade to make everything more "visible" or "transparent".

Like the red number in brackets, for example.
Fri 20/04/01 at 14:59
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Goatboy wrote:
> How does being a Notable affect the Gameaday?

Gameaday is judged entirely without bias.

The notable idea is simply intended to give some recognition to people, to go along with the newly visible posting and word count charts.

There are two reasons why I initiated this:
1. To give credit to those people elected.
2. To try to keep the standards up for the future.

Future of Gaming has higher standards than other discussion sites. I hope all the regulars will try to bring through the newbies by encouraging them to use punctuation and correct spelling (for example).

A sign of respect is not something which should cause any resentment.
Fri 20/04/01 at 14:39
"possibly impossible"
Chill guys.

It's all a bit of fun. The list of FAD and GAD winners is a good idea though, but why can't we have a 'static' page of previous winners beyond the 70 day mark on the GAD page? It would be nice to see the history of GAD winners there and you could put a note above saying 'for reference only, any winners on this page who haven't claimed a prize cannot do so now.'

Or not have the prize claim column, just the date, person who won and topic (with link)

I've already put the FAD and current GAD lists in an excel spreadsheet to pull back stats, anyone wanting a copy knows where to go (hint: messenger)

Hey, I was bored!
Fri 20/04/01 at 14:16
I'll only notice that if you notice I am 5th on words and 15th or 16th on posts.
Fri 20/04/01 at 12:24
Regular
"I like cheese"
Notice that on the stats page, SNIPER is 3rd on posts, but 9th on words.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.