GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is MGS 3 any good really?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater'.
Thu 10/03/05 at 22:54
Regular
"wow"
It can't be that great?
Isn't it just more of the same?
Mon 14/03/05 at 12:45
Regular
"..."
But the fact is that you haven't played GT4 yet. And San Andreas was just for fun and enjoyment. MGS3 is deeper, and was hailed as the game with the best storyline and character in 2004, on any console by gamespot.
Mon 14/03/05 at 12:43
Regular
Best PS2 game ever?

Certainly not MGS3. I haven't played GT4 yet, but I'd guess that is better, since more people are raving about that.

In fact, there aren't really any PS2 games that stand out as being wirth a mention.

All I do know, is that I'm going to enjoy GT4 more than MGS3. Hell, I even enjoyed GTA:SA more, and that's an average game at best.
Mon 14/03/05 at 12:42
Regular
"..."
You miss-understood. This is what I said at first:

homosh wrote:
> Not amazing ? This is the best game on PS2 so far.

And you still haven't told me about any other PS2 game that's better in any way.
Mon 14/03/05 at 12:39
Regular
"gsybe you!"
homosh wrote:
> So ? Tell me about any other game that's better in any way.

Hmm?

And I'm sure you'll find people to disagree with about the best PS2 game. It's not so much MGS itself as your total obsession with it.
Mon 14/03/05 at 12:38
Regular
"..."
Resi Evil 4 and The Twin Snakes are both on the gamecube. We were talking about the best game on PS2.
Mon 14/03/05 at 12:32
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Oh for Gods sake, I haven't heard one person whith an unbiased opinion (i.e, not you or MGS chat rooms in the US) say it's the best game ever.

That's like asking the official Man Utd fan club...........

In terms of scores, MGS3 has been beaten by several other games, notably Resident Evil 4, which is just near perfection. I'm sure it's a great game, but you got into such a pathetic rage about Twin Snakes I find it hard to take you seriously.
Mon 14/03/05 at 12:30
Regular
"..."
Now who's being an idiot ? Play it first then say your opinion . All the American chat forums have been saying the same since it was released in the U.S.
Mon 14/03/05 at 12:27
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Ahahaha, it's like asking a Man Utd fanatic who the best football club in the world is, idiot.

I haven't played MGS3, but from the sounds of it, it's great but not all that uber outstanding.
Mon 14/03/05 at 12:21
Regular
"..."
So ? Tell me about any other game that's better in any way.
Mon 14/03/05 at 12:17
Regular
"gsybe you!"
But you're obsessed with MGS.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.