GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"views of heaven and Hell!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 12/11/06 at 10:47
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Here is an example

A mother lives a Godly life. She goes straight to "heaven".

Her son, commits many sins on earth and never asks for forgiveness, doesn't even believe in God for that matter. He goes straight to "hell".

Heaven is supposed to be a perfect place where good souls live amongst God. Right?

That mother LOVES her son. Even though he was a "sinner."

How can Heaven be HEAVEN( a place of hapiness) for that mother/soul without her son that she loves?

Make sence :S ?
Mon 13/11/06 at 14:32
Regular
People make their own God up.
Mon 13/11/06 at 01:26
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Seraphim wrote:
>
> Make sence :S ?

brilliant :D
was that intentional?
Sun 12/11/06 at 22:30
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Video games - the answer to all life's mysteries
Sun 12/11/06 at 22:22
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Kawada wrote:
> I think i'll go with FF7 and the whole Lifestream deal. Not like
> it's any more ludicrous than what religion has dreamt up :-D

I'd say it has far more base in reality than anything religious. We're all made of energy, electricty, sound, heat etc so it returns to the earth when we're gone, even if it's only in the form of wormfood, but it feeds the worms, which feeds the other animals and so on.
Even if we're cremated, the energy from that heats the planet. Everything is connected.
Sun 12/11/06 at 22:00
Regular
Yes I saw that, quite funny heh
Sun 12/11/06 at 21:22
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
George Carlin's take on religion

Ah Mr Carlin how i love ye so.

(note - bad words for all the little kiddies out there and thanks to the "other place" for reminding me about this)
Sun 12/11/06 at 21:14
Regular
You can't prove it isn't so, so i wouldn't call it ludicrous.
Sun 12/11/06 at 21:07
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I think i'll go with FF7 and the whole Lifestream deal. Not like it's any more ludicrous than what religion has dreamt up :-D
Sun 12/11/06 at 20:57
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I'm pretty sure I will burn after I die ... in a crematorium not Hell.

I like the many visions of the afterlife the human imagination has dreamed up - places like the Elysium Fields, Valhalla, Arcadia, Avalon, Hades, Avernus, and the rest. But to believe in them borders on madness.
Sun 12/11/06 at 20:44
Regular
Wow, you're quite the optimist aren't you Painsworth?

Anyway, I don't believe in afterlife because I find the thought of my body returning to the soil and earth I love quite comforting. It's the circle of life!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.