GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"y does pop music suck?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/05/04 at 19:14
Regular
"hip hop is hot"
will CUM and tok 2 a lonely play mate?
pop sucks
Fri 07/05/04 at 17:39
Regular
"8==="
No, you have to steal the good ones away.
Fri 07/05/04 at 17:13
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
After my experiences of last night, I'm never gonna go anywhere near rap/R&B again!

It was a hardcore R&B night at this bar/club/place.

I hated it, the only good thing was the fact that there were some super fit girls there.

Oh, they all had boyfriends though... You didn't think they'd be single did you? Don't be so stupid...
Fri 07/05/04 at 16:52
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
That sounds about right: Shame you can't speak English very well, Snake12. However, one part of that is wrong. Which? The part staing that rap changes 'through the song'. Rap is a recorded sound and a drum machine with someone talking at high speed over it. It is an equilibrium, whereas rock songs generally include guitar solos, riff changes, drumrolls and a slight change in lyrics at the end.
Fri 07/05/04 at 14:10
Regular
"Yippi Ki Ai !!"
pop is crud juat coz it is. its the same thing over and over again . just repeating the words and the tune. rock and rap actualy change through the songs . pop. doesnt.
Fri 07/05/04 at 14:09
Regular
"gsybe you!"
There's 'pop' and 'popular'.

'Pop' is its very own genre of poor imitations and light-weight rubbish based ion any other genre.

'Popular' is a bit loose, but usually what sells well - and 'Pop' does that as well.
Fri 07/05/04 at 08:06
Regular
": ("
Heavy/Light Metal Sucks boiled eggs.
Fri 07/05/04 at 08:04
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Slipknot are heavily influenced by death metal bands such as Napalm Death. Having heard 'Wait and Bleed', I would also list White Zombie as an influence.
Fri 07/05/04 at 01:20
Regular
"8==="
Flockhart wrote:
> Westlife = Pop(I despise them but i use them anyway)

Harmony group drawing on various influences from various genres (such as whatever the hell genre Sinatra was in).

> Slipknot = Rock

Heavy Metal and Slightly Industrial group once again drawing influences from various other genres.
Fri 07/05/04 at 01:14
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Westlife = Pop(I despise them but i use them anyway)
Slipknot = Rock

Both fall into the popular music catergory but slipknot are not pop.
Popular music can be anything, pop music is clearly defined otherwise you would be saying the two are exactly the same.
Fri 07/05/04 at 01:10
Regular
"8==="
*Shrugs*

The pop chart's the pop chart.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.