GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Problem with DVD"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/05/04 at 23:35
Regular
"Time Up"
Yesterday I was watching The Godfather part 2 for the first time, the disc was brand new, and it's never been touched before, and then at a certain part, it paused and a large part of the movie was skipped (about a minute or so). I tried to rewind, but it skips everytime. I thought there was something wrong with the disc, so I tried it on my pc DVD, and it worked perfectly! I mean it worked 100% perfectly, without the slightest pause, and there was absolutely nothing wrong with it, so I tried it on my ps2 again, and the same problem happens with the same part, I kept trying it all over agin and again, and nothing worked, I tried to put the ps2 vertically, and 2 seconds of it were played, but still the rest of it didn't seem to exist, I tried it again on my pc, and it was perfect, and then again on the ps2, and I get the same problem... Anyone has a reasonable explanation ? And please don't just ignore me like all the other posts, this is a serious one, if you have any idea about this please tell me, because it has been really bothering, and all the activities of my life had stopped ever since this thing happen.
Sat 08/05/04 at 13:25
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Mess wrote:
> I have the answer:
>
> Move to a decent country.

Haha
Fri 07/05/04 at 23:00
Regular
"Time Up"
I have replied to them 50 times
IT'S NOT WORTH IT BECAUSE i ONLY HAVE 5 DVD'S
Besides I've alrady fixed the problem.
Fri 07/05/04 at 19:25
Regular
About ten people have told you fifty times.

GET A PROPER DVD PLAYER
Fri 07/05/04 at 19:17
Regular
"Time Up"
just tell me, can anyone solve the problem ?
Fri 07/05/04 at 19:09
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Oh yeah and don't they come with super interface screening system and double deflector 50210's so it never skips?
Fri 07/05/04 at 18:10
Regular
Don't they have cheap DVD players in Egypt?
Fri 07/05/04 at 15:38
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Please tell me the point in doing all that.
Fri 07/05/04 at 14:43
Regular
"Time Up"
Hey, I tried to connect my pc to the new TV using the S-video plug, and it appeared black and white, not just the dvd, I mean everything, the whole pc is displayed in black and white when I connect it using the s-video plug, my TV is 100 HZ, and it can receive all signals (pal, ntsc, secam,etc...) I tried to change the display format from the pc options from pal to ntsc and vice versa and it doesn't work, and then when I tried to use the normal audio video plug (composite) it appeared in colours, but it always appears black and white when using s-video, does anyone have any idea about this ?
Thu 06/05/04 at 16:52
Regular
"Time Up"
Mess wrote:
> I have the answer:
>
> Move to a decent country.
That's exactly what I've been thinking about ever since I got interested into video games.
Thu 06/05/04 at 16:41
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Cusack wrote:
> I use s-video for ps2, so now I have s-video for ps2 and pc, which
> will display better DVD's ?

Try it and see. But considering the PS2 will not play the DVDs you want correctly then you have two choices.

1) Play through PC
2) Buy a standalone DVD player for £40

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.