GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Work Experience"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/05/04 at 17:08
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Okay, so I need to find somewhere to participate in work experience in the near future and I have very few ideas of what I want to do. I was wondering if anybody on here could reccommend a general activity they did for it, so I could get some ideas, and see how much they enjoyed it (and etc.).

Thanks very much, and I would have put this in general chat but i'd rather get some more intelligent opinions. :-D
Tue 04/05/04 at 17:08
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Okay, so I need to find somewhere to participate in work experience in the near future and I have very few ideas of what I want to do. I was wondering if anybody on here could reccommend a general activity they did for it, so I could get some ideas, and see how much they enjoyed it (and etc.).

Thanks very much, and I would have put this in general chat but i'd rather get some more intelligent opinions. :-D
Tue 04/05/04 at 17:15
Regular
"SOUP!"
I worked at a print and design company, the same one I also did my job shadow at (only focussing on a more specific section). I found most of it very interesting and they let me do a lot of hands on stuff which helped maintain entertainment. I did spent a day in the finance section which sucked balls - but overall very good.
Tue 04/05/04 at 18:14
Regular
"www.360volts.tk"
what dont you stack shelfs at asda
Tue 04/05/04 at 18:30
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
$miley wrote:
> what dont you stack shelfs at asda

Who was that aimed at and what relevance does it have?
Tue 04/05/04 at 18:38
Regular
"cachoo"
I worked at a place where people would leave their pets while they went away. Kennels & Cattery or something. I'm sure homeless animals were there too.
It really opens your eyes. Awww, I wanna work with animals! They're so cute!1!. When in reality, they stink, bite, jump-up with s**t and wee on their paws & .. stink again. But hey, that's dogs, no? No! Mine smell like.. dog! ;) Besides, half of those animals weren't even tame. And the people working there treated the dogs like absolute crap. They would cut them when trimming their fur, leaving them bleeding! Really careless.

Anyway. I recommend you work somewhere similar to that. Fantastic!
Tue 04/05/04 at 18:47
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
I'm not a big animal fan personally, so I think that is probably off the list.
Tue 04/05/04 at 19:19
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I worked in a pet shop, it was bloody fantastic. I got to work with rabbits, chinchillas, rats, hamsters, gerbils, budgies, fish, and a few more i cant remember. The shop had its own talking parrot too.

I got all my meals for free too. I was sad to leave. :(
Tue 04/05/04 at 22:54
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Thanks for the replies. I've narrowed it down to applying at my local football club of which I support, Woking, my local school that I use to go to, or going around for a local newspaper with one of my brothers mates. Any more Work Experience stories or suggestions are still appreciated, as I'm open to more ideas.
Tue 04/05/04 at 23:01
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
My work experience was back at my old primary school. Was very good, got to see my old teachers again and catch up, saw what went on in the staff room (being the only guy in a room full of 15 women is very awkward and embarrasing)

The teacher i was with was very nice, answered all my questions and allowed me to actually take a few lessons instead of just sending me off somewhere to do meaningless rubbish. Of course the fact she was a hot 23 year old woman didn't hurt matters either :-D
Wed 05/05/04 at 11:42
Regular
"That's right!"
Make sure you don't end up working in any kind of shop. Work experience should be just that - an experience, something fun, something you'll remember. Work in a shop and you'll be so bored you'll try and gauge your own eyes out with a spoon.

Try a cinema, or a leisure centre or something.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.