GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PES5 Suggestions"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro Evo 5'.
Mon 14/03/05 at 17:50
Regular
": ("
This weekend i've been doing nothing but playing PES4, I dunno why, it's just one of those times where I just feel like playing a footie game to death. Anyway, I was thinking of some ideas for the next PES which I think are pretty neat, heres one:

Nothing major but it's be pretty cool if in the ML you could check other matches going on while you're still playing your own. I knwo it shows you other team's scores at half time but it's be good if you there was some sort of thing in the corner that updated you when a team scores in any of the matches happening at the same time as yours.

I've got some other good ideas but I dont want them to change the next PES that much because the current one is almost at perfection, they could get rid of a few glitches and bugs but other than that PES4 is just amazing.

So have you got any ideas for the next PES?
Tue 15/03/05 at 11:50
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
The facial graphics of the players in PES have deterioted over time, they were a lot better in some of the earlier versions.

In terms of improvements? ... they need to make it harder :p
Tue 15/03/05 at 08:04
Regular
Yep, the graphics look at bit rough to me.
Mon 14/03/05 at 22:59
Regular
"Touched!"
Persoanlly I think the graphics could be better. It's not the most pretty game I've seen.
Mon 14/03/05 at 22:08
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
They wouldn't even have to do many, maybe just 5 or 6 to start with, then gradually increase them with each new edition. It's the only major thing I can think of that could be improved upon at the moment.

I suppose they could implement it by having different tricks to each button for each style. So for instance in one style tapping R2 twice might get you a stepover, in another it might get you a shimmy. Opens up a lot of possibilities, I think, and easy to put onto the unknown youngsters if you give the styles broad names like "South American".
Mon 14/03/05 at 21:38
Regular
Thats what they all say.
:D
Mon 14/03/05 at 21:31
Regular
He stole my idea.
Mon 14/03/05 at 21:22
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Interesting take on things there blank.

Never really thought about the game like that but just on what you wrote seems like a great way to improve the game.
Mon 14/03/05 at 21:18
Regular
Good thought actually, and it's not like they haven't got time to do all of that. There is nothing they really have to change gameplay wise but I think you're right with the stats idea and players having their own style of play.
Mon 14/03/05 at 19:57
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
They should make the players less generic - give each player a certain style as well as just stats. It would be qualitative rather than quantitative.

Christiano Ronaldo constantly steps over the ball in reality, but it's not represented in game. They should develop styles for people, that the provide a framwork for the stats to work inside. Shot accuracy doesn't tell you how or when someone will shoot, dribble accuracy doesn't tell you how someone will dribble.

Maybe they could have individual styles for some big players, and more generic ones for everyone else and created players - a bit like hairstyles are now. You could mix it with position, as well, so Ronaldinho would be a Brazilian Playmaker, whereas Roberto Carlos would be a Brazilian Sideback.

It'd make it seem like you were actually playing agaisnt these people, not just against generic shells that look like them.
Mon 14/03/05 at 17:50
Regular
This weekend i've been doing nothing but playing PES4, I dunno why, it's just one of those times where I just feel like playing a footie game to death. Anyway, I was thinking of some ideas for the next PES which I think are pretty neat, heres one:

Nothing major but it's be pretty cool if in the ML you could check other matches going on while you're still playing your own. I knwo it shows you other team's scores at half time but it's be good if you there was some sort of thing in the corner that updated you when a team scores in any of the matches happening at the same time as yours.

I've got some other good ideas but I dont want them to change the next PES that much because the current one is almost at perfection, they could get rid of a few glitches and bugs but other than that PES4 is just amazing.

So have you got any ideas for the next PES?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.