GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PES5 Suggestions"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro Evo 5'.
Mon 14/03/05 at 17:50
Regular
": ("
This weekend i've been doing nothing but playing PES4, I dunno why, it's just one of those times where I just feel like playing a footie game to death. Anyway, I was thinking of some ideas for the next PES which I think are pretty neat, heres one:

Nothing major but it's be pretty cool if in the ML you could check other matches going on while you're still playing your own. I knwo it shows you other team's scores at half time but it's be good if you there was some sort of thing in the corner that updated you when a team scores in any of the matches happening at the same time as yours.

I've got some other good ideas but I dont want them to change the next PES that much because the current one is almost at perfection, they could get rid of a few glitches and bugs but other than that PES4 is just amazing.

So have you got any ideas for the next PES?
Tue 15/03/05 at 18:07
Regular
Yeah thats wha I meant, I guess if they were in the actually gameplay it'd be good.
Tue 15/03/05 at 17:18
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Linesmen are there in the cutscenes, but you can't actually see them when the ball is in play.
Tue 15/03/05 at 17:06
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Ashley_90 wrote:
> They already have linesmen dont they?

Unfortunately not. I think it's strange how they put a referee, but left out linesmen.
Tue 15/03/05 at 16:17
Regular
The ability to be able to throw celary(sp?) when Chelsea play.
Tue 15/03/05 at 16:12
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
The ability to throw mobile phones onto the pitch

*a scouse favorite :)
Tue 15/03/05 at 15:34
Regular
They already have linesmen dont they?
Tue 15/03/05 at 13:50
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
I have a few things off the top of my head I think PES5 should have:

1)All real names - PLEASE!!
2)All real strips - PLEASE!!
3)Linesmen (raising flags up and down) - PLEASE!!

Then all the following which are less important:

4)Coca-Cola championship teams (no need for League 2 or 3 teams)
5)More popular crowd chants (like "The Referree's a ...")
6)More distinction between the more popular players at least, not necessarily every player (like Henry's long strides and effortless control over the ball, Christiano Ronaldo's tricks and quick feet, and Ronaldinho's bedazzlement with the ball to name some)
7)Larger National Squad numbers (especially for England)
8)The ability to add players to the National Squads without having to replace each other, and add youe own created player to club teams without having to override another player's information
9)More cutscenes - players having little words with each other, some occasional full on arguments, Manager screaming on to the pitch etc.
10)Movement off the pitch (managers, coaches, subs warming up, subs talking to each other on the bench, ball boys throwing stray balls in etc.)
11)More versatile camera angles
12)A Create-a-Manager section - so you can create Mourinhos and Fergies if they don't have the licence
13)Different adverts around the pitch, not the same ones repeating themselves
14)Better crowd signs, not "Get A Goal!"
15)The crowds also need a little bit of distinction like a few bare chested enthusiasts, fans with face-paint on and hats etc(they could be shown in cutscenes)
16)Proper looking trophies
17)Proper competition names (UEFA Cup, UEFA Champions League, World Cup)
18)The training sessions could have shooting practice with players having a laugh and stuff, movement practice through cones etc
19)A Career Mode where you can create someone and work your way up from the bottom, including training sessions, media, international call-ups, being able to decide to move to different clubs etc.
20)Under 21 National Squads

That's off the top of my head. I severely doubt PES5 will have all of my suggestions, but maybe a PES on the PS3 might bring the goods.
Tue 15/03/05 at 13:32
Regular
"Touched!"
or†ega wrote:
> I suppose with the advancements in online play, the AI of the computer
> teams wont be that important.
>
> playing the computer is boring compared to a real person.

Good point about the online play. They need leagues in the Xbox version as well as trying to eliminating the lag issues. Pro Evo seems to hammer the upload speeds. Good job I'm on 2mb now!
Tue 15/03/05 at 12:09
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
The core gameplay is fine just like Blank said the players could do with being more individual. Aside from that there's not really that much to improve, just make the graphics better and get some more licences and teams really, oh and online play for the PS2!!! (might actually make me wipe the dust off my network adapter and get back into online gaming)
Tue 15/03/05 at 12:06
Regular
I suppose with the advancements in online play, the AI of the computer teams wont be that important.

playing the computer is boring compared to a real person.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.