GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Zelda Revolution?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/03/05 at 02:20
Regular
"The Ocarina of Time"
The talk about Revolution being backward-compatible coupled with the increasing feeling (my own personal feeling) that Zelda 2005 will be the last AAA (or AAAAA) title for the GC, has lead me to suspect that there may be extra discs or future installments which would become "must haves" for this Zelda game that will be enhanced on the "revolutionary" aspects of Revolution?

Otherwise surely Nintendo would want such an impressive game in their launch line-up for the Revolution? If the console is coming out next year, I find it hard to believe Nintendo would jump another even more impressive Zelda game on us in time for launch.

(Having said that, I do accept that Nintendo haven't ever launched a console with a Zelda game)

What do you think?
Tue 15/03/05 at 18:19
Regular
"8==="
Tphi wrote:
> But that's obvious :S

To everyone but Nintendo it would seem.

It might be obvious but where was the 'killer exclusive FPS' in the first year of the cube?

As much as I like Nintendo games it's important to have some kickass western-styled exclusives too.

First games I bought for my N64: Goldeneye, Duke Nukem 64, WCW vs NWO, Forsaken (I think, might've got that one later).

All western licences and all with 4 player multiplayer which were of high quality and above all fun.

All there is now are overly simplified multiplayer modes that aren't much fun beyond half and hour and belive me I tried to make the ones I had last longer (the one exception being Super Monkey Ball which was genius).
Tue 15/03/05 at 18:19
Regular
"kill my enemys"
Calm down people.
Can't wait for the new Zelda.
Any new's or new clips that anyone no's of?
Tue 15/03/05 at 18:16
Regular
"thursdayton!"
N64 Fan wrote:
> The problem with Tphi is that he/she doesn't fully comprehend the
> meaning of 'opinion'.
>
> Instead of a normal answer to a post, he/she always has to write
> something like 'retard' if anyone dares to disagree!

And just to defend myself.. it wasn't me who critised your opinion. Go check. That's FFF. The retard comment is about your two posts right after one another which could have been just the one. I was complaining about spam.

So maybe the problem with N64 Fan is that he/she doesn't fully comprehend other people's posts. Retard. :P
Tue 15/03/05 at 18:12
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Hedfix wrote:
> I bought my N64 because of Goldeneye.
>
> Many other people did too.
>
> Metroid Prime is not the same sort of thing.

Metroid definately isn't the same thing, nope. But Nintendo need another Goldeneye? Course not. Yes, they need a game that appeals broadly to the casuals as well as the Ninty hardcore. But why does this need to be a FPS game?

If 64 was saying all Nintendo needs another big FPS to launch the Revolution, I disagree. If 64 is just saying Ninty needs a widely appealing game, then of course I agree. But that's obvious :S

Edit: And don't shoot me for starting up the argument again after it was ended, I had the unsent reply window open for ages while I had tea :P
Tue 15/03/05 at 18:07
Regular
"8==="
Anyway back to Zelda things.

Think a Zelda game with a sandbox* in would be good?

ie a bigger place to play in with plenty of side-quests and secrets.

They sort of have minor ones but I think a larger one would be much more fun.
Tue 15/03/05 at 18:02
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
:-)
Tue 15/03/05 at 18:01
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
The problem with Tphi is that he/she doesn't fully comprehend the meaning of 'opinion'.

Instead of a normal answer to a post, he/she always has to write something like 'retard' if anyone dares to disagree!
Tue 15/03/05 at 17:57
Regular
"8==="
I bought my N64 because of Goldeneye.

Many other people did too.

Metroid Prime is not the same sort of thing.
Tue 15/03/05 at 17:44
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I don't remember missing anything valid.
Tue 15/03/05 at 17:30
Regular
"8==="
Thankyou.

But seriously N64 made valid points that shouldn't just be dismissed.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.