GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Zelda Revolution?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/03/05 at 02:20
Regular
"The Ocarina of Time"
The talk about Revolution being backward-compatible coupled with the increasing feeling (my own personal feeling) that Zelda 2005 will be the last AAA (or AAAAA) title for the GC, has lead me to suspect that there may be extra discs or future installments which would become "must haves" for this Zelda game that will be enhanced on the "revolutionary" aspects of Revolution?

Otherwise surely Nintendo would want such an impressive game in their launch line-up for the Revolution? If the console is coming out next year, I find it hard to believe Nintendo would jump another even more impressive Zelda game on us in time for launch.

(Having said that, I do accept that Nintendo haven't ever launched a console with a Zelda game)

What do you think?
Tue 15/03/05 at 19:12
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> If you want FPSs, consoles are NOT where you should be looking.

The problem with PC's is the fact that I don't have a good one.

Simple.
Tue 15/03/05 at 19:12
Regular
"thursdayton!"
If you want FPSs, Nintendo is NOT where you should be looking.
Tue 15/03/05 at 19:10
Regular
"8==="
gerrid wrote:
> If you want FPSs, consoles are NOT where you should be looking.

No that's MMORPG's.
Tue 15/03/05 at 19:08
Regular
"bit of a brain"
If you want FPSs, consoles are NOT where you should be looking.
Tue 15/03/05 at 19:07
Regular
"8==="
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> 1) Metroid is not a bad game. I don't care if you don't like it, but
> you're a moron if you can't see that it's a good game.

I know this is directed at N64 but I'll have my say:

Metroid is Goldeneye, more people want a game like that by Nintendo than Metroid Prime, apparently the multiplayer isn't anythingto write home about in Echoes either. Strong multiplayer that demands replay is what's needed.

> 2) GC's already had another Goldeneye - and look what a terrible mess
> that was. I know, let's get those who made the first one make another
> one! Oh, wait, that's never going to happen. Perfect Dark then! Oh,
> no, wait ...
>
> The closest you'll come is TS2. End.

Not if Nintendo get off their ass and do what they do in other genres their console has had a lack of representation in: make the damn thing themselves.
Tue 15/03/05 at 19:07
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> It might be obvious but where was the 'killer exclusive FPS' in the
> first year of the cube?

Where is the killer exlusive FPS for the Cube full stop?
Tue 15/03/05 at 19:03
"period drama"
1) Metroid is not a bad game. I don't care if you don't like it, but you're a moron if you can't see that it's a good game.

2) GC's already had another Goldeneye - and look what a terrible mess that was. I know, let's get those who made the first one make another one! Oh, wait, that's never going to happen. Perfect Dark then! Oh, no, wait ...

The closest you'll come is TS2. End.
Tue 15/03/05 at 19:02
Regular
"8==="
Had SSBM soon after getting my cube. Got about 3 days of fun from it, multiplayer was better but it didn't persuade me to play it for any longer than that.

I'd rather play No Mercy.

Edit: Just got Wind Waker, I couldn't stay away from Zelda. Even if WW's 10% of the game OOT was I'll enjoy it a hell of a lot.
Tue 15/03/05 at 19:00
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Hedfix wrote:
> To everyone but Nintendo it would seem.

I agree, I was thinking that. Maybe N64 should be posting to Ninty rather than on here :P Reggie's preaching that Nintendo are learning though. Oh, and you said about a 4 player that's high quality and fun? Smash Bros! It sold massively. Cube needed more titles like that earlier on.

Anyways, to your Zelda sandbox question. I love being able to free-roam on games and Zelda's always appealed because of this and the tons of side-quests and extra bits and bobs to collect. All the tasks on Windfall Island in Wind Waker were brilliant. There should have been more towns like that.

Zelda Cubed needs several large town areas, tons of quests.. I want some game involving you and your horse (nothing kinky, a race against other townspeople or something). And Zoras. Lots of Zoras. But still keep the Rito winged people from Dragon Roost Island. They were cool.
Tue 15/03/05 at 18:23
Regular
"kill my enemys"
Im afraind to say i didn't own a N64 as i wasn't a big Nintendo fan.
My close mate had one and i went round his place to play it every night.
He had super mario 64
Goldeneye
carmegedon
OoT.Obviously.
Carmegedon was awful and painful.Goldeneye was a classic and so was OoT.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.