GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A-Spec Points - S Licence - Endurance"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/03/05 at 12:23
Regular
Three points I was hoping to discuss on GT4:

A-Spec Points

Does anybody know what the maximum is? I know the missions are 250, so does that mean the maximum A-spec points for a race is 250? I've won races for 200, but have never managed to even enter a race with more points available. Also, does anybody know what these points actually achieve - are there targets for each race/category or for the whole game?

S Licence (se)

Is it just me or have they made it too easy? I mean, the gold is still rock hard, but the bronze is just silly. Quite often the difference between silver and bronze is five times the difference between silver and gold. I started rushing through them towards the end, just settling for bronze on the last few s-tests in order to get the car, but felt quite bad about it. Is it because we're used to it in the previous GT games, or have they just made things easier after complaints?

Endurance Races

Has anybody gone to the European races and looked down the list to the 1000 miles championship? I started it to see what would happen, and was shocked to find that you have to do 25 laps of the Nurburgring in a pre-1970s car (and not a powerful one if you want decent A-spec points). Given that a car that age probably takes about 10 minutes to get round the course, that's a 4 hour race minimum. Did I miss some small detail, or is that truly insane?

Bonus Topic

Another thing that just came to mind is the B-Spec mode. I really hope your driver learns to race as he goes. I have only tried this mode once, but despite giving him a nicely tuned car that would easily have won in the right hands, he managed to plonk it back in fifth. Thanks for the dent in the win ratio. Who's driving that thing, David Coulthard?
Tue 29/03/05 at 16:35
Does it have a fan? Or is it just a really small one that I didn't notice?

Because if not then I reckon you'd be best to stick a fan next to it, just to make sure it doesn't overheat. Or just don't do them at all, your choice.
Tue 29/03/05 at 16:28
Regular
"The definitive tag"
down wrote:
> Is yours a new slim one?

Yeah, why?
Tue 29/03/05 at 16:27
Some of the rewards are awful though -

B Gold is buyable in the 80s lot.
I-B Gold is also buyable in the 80s lot.
Same with S Bronze.

But the car you get for I-A Gold, while looking frankly bizarre, is rather nice, reminding me a bit of the old Vectors from GT2.

I might try Golds for S tonight, I've already got about four or so.
Tue 29/03/05 at 15:58
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
ssxpro wrote:
> As for the S-licence, has anybody gone back to try and get all golds?
> Across all five test categories I still have a massive 30 bronze and
> 35 silver which I've just left for now. I know there are extra reward
> cars, but can't decide if they are worth the trouble. Anybody tried?

Yeah, I've done all the licenses gold except the S-License. Haven't attempted that yet. There are some really good gold cars and I've managed to go through about 20% of the game without buying a car, thanks to the licenses and the cars I've won.
Tue 29/03/05 at 15:47
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
drat thought i had found a easy way to make some cash with the rally races and the fact on one of them you only have to complete one race to get a prize car. Tried to sell it and it won't give me a price. Damn thing
Tue 29/03/05 at 13:04
Regular
Certainly a decent car for finishing that 24 hour endurance race... though its only really going to be used for one tournament, the F1 races in Extreme League. Speaking of which, they are like proper Grand Prix, with lap totals in the 60s and 70s (except for the huge courses obviously). A bit mad that, particularly as I doubt the B-spec guy could cope. Similarly the Sarthe endurance races seem to need the human element which is a little scary. Might need to give a car some extra horses and a stronger set of boots to try and win, otherwise its down the A-spec mode for 48 hours worth.

The arcade mode stuff doesn't seem to count for the completion percentage, which is a relief and that's interesting about the circuits being unlocked after a certain number of days. Unfortunately that means that all the time I've spent deliberately trying to get the A-spec points as close to 200 as possible has been for nothing, even if it has made the game more challenging. My weakest area is the special conditions section, so I might just do the rest in an over-performing car and accept low A-spec points.

As for the S-licence, has anybody gone back to try and get all golds? Across all five test categories I still have a massive 30 bronze and 35 silver which I've just left for now. I know there are extra reward cars, but can't decide if they are worth the trouble. Anybody tried?
Mon 28/03/05 at 23:40
Stick a fan next to it?

Is yours a new slim one?
Mon 28/03/05 at 23:31
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I'm worried about the consequences of leaving my PS2 on for a 24 hour endurance race. I left it on for nearly 4 hours for one of the races in the 1000 mile championship and it got pretty hot. 24 might really screw it up.
Mon 28/03/05 at 23:21
No, seriously, there is no way to do it. Only way possible is leaving it on for like a week, which is what I'll do for the Sarthe Endurances.

It's basically identical to a normal race, just really really long.
Mon 28/03/05 at 23:15
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
There must be a way to save it during endurance races. I don't want the computer to be in control and I want to do the races myself. Could someone just try a few options to try and save it? I haven't quite unlocked the endurance race section yet.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.