GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A-Spec Points - S Licence - Endurance"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/03/05 at 12:23
Regular
Three points I was hoping to discuss on GT4:

A-Spec Points

Does anybody know what the maximum is? I know the missions are 250, so does that mean the maximum A-spec points for a race is 250? I've won races for 200, but have never managed to even enter a race with more points available. Also, does anybody know what these points actually achieve - are there targets for each race/category or for the whole game?

S Licence (se)

Is it just me or have they made it too easy? I mean, the gold is still rock hard, but the bronze is just silly. Quite often the difference between silver and bronze is five times the difference between silver and gold. I started rushing through them towards the end, just settling for bronze on the last few s-tests in order to get the car, but felt quite bad about it. Is it because we're used to it in the previous GT games, or have they just made things easier after complaints?

Endurance Races

Has anybody gone to the European races and looked down the list to the 1000 miles championship? I started it to see what would happen, and was shocked to find that you have to do 25 laps of the Nurburgring in a pre-1970s car (and not a powerful one if you want decent A-spec points). Given that a car that age probably takes about 10 minutes to get round the course, that's a 4 hour race minimum. Did I miss some small detail, or is that truly insane?

Bonus Topic

Another thing that just came to mind is the B-Spec mode. I really hope your driver learns to race as he goes. I have only tried this mode once, but despite giving him a nicely tuned car that would easily have won in the right hands, he managed to plonk it back in fifth. Thanks for the dent in the win ratio. Who's driving that thing, David Coulthard?
Sat 26/03/05 at 14:09
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I can usually make them last around 10 laps before they start to get orange
Sat 26/03/05 at 17:12
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
I got it yesterday and had a little spin...
By little, I mean 4 hours :)

Does anyone know what the A-Spec points are about?
And my best moment weirdly enough was failing a license test, than hearing the duffman theme :)
Sat 26/03/05 at 18:35
A-Spec points have no purpose, just tell you how difficult the race will be, and can be used to boast.
Sun 27/03/05 at 11:37
Regular
For those who havent done the 24 hour races. I did the Nurburgring in B-spec. You cant save during the race. Your driver in B-spec will pit once the fuel gets too low or tyres are worn down to red. However this resets the time back to normal, so you have to be checking it constantly. Use super hard tyres on the back and hard on the front so they wear out evenly (Racing tyres) Actual time with Pit stops and resetting takes it to about 9 hours of real time. Not much else to add really. Expect to pit every 3 to 4 laps depending on how fast you have your car running. once you put a lap or two on all the cars i found it best to set B-spec speed to normal or slower pace. The others wont catch you and it buys you an extra lap before pitting.
Sun 27/03/05 at 15:50
What car did you use? What are the opposition like?

I don't want to ruin my lovely R8...
Sun 27/03/05 at 19:44
Regular
I used the xj220 race car.
Sun 27/03/05 at 23:52
Regular
"gsybe you!"
That'd be the worst race ever.

You'd be winning, then spin out and BOOM! Start again

Jesus.
Mon 28/03/05 at 00:21
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
Well last night I breezed through the licenses and now I'm on the special license. I feel I haven't learnt anything from them like you should except to break a bit more often than usual. The only one that gave me trouble was International A-15 and that was only because towards the end ( That big straight ) I thought that left turn was the last corner, and I did that twice, so I felt really annoyed when I failed twice at that stage.
Overall though, I aced it
Mon 28/03/05 at 13:02
Started to B-spec the Ring 24hrs. First three pit stops I A-specced to get a good lead, but now I'm just leaving it up to my driver. Problem is, I forgot to change my tyres to Racing Superhard Rear and Hard Front before the race, so will need to pit every three laps or so.

I realise this will probably ruin my Minolta, but if it does then I'll just win another, or use my R8 a bit more.

The opposition is just some touring cars, towards the end of my third lap I was lapping them. Maybe a bit easy, but it's not like I'll do much of the driving anyway. If I do feel like a bit of driving, at the next pitstop I can take over for a couple of laps, then just pit again. I probably will do that every so often, the track is such fun to drive, even with such a wildly unstable and erratic car as the Minolta. It's just a bit too fast for it's own good.

Just about coming up to two hours now, averaging 7 minute laps on pace 1, to get a lap or so more from those tyres.
Mon 28/03/05 at 20:40
Wow, just A-specced about 8 laps, the car handles TOTALLY different to how it used to...

It's all over the place, is a lot slower, spins while accelerating out of corners, it even oversteers! It's unbelievable how much worse it's become after only 15 hours or so. Completely ridiculous. Already a twitchy car, now it's just undriveable. I think after this I'll win the El Capitan endurance with it, win it again and then sell it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.