GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Graeme Dott v Ronnie O'Sullivan"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/05/04 at 18:13
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
This should be a brilliant match.
Personally, I'm backing Dott. Which was obvious. Anyway, yeah, Dott played excellently against Stevens - the whole match was so tense.
Wonderful, wonderful final frame. Good stuff.

So - who are you backing?
Roll up the idiots who say Ronnie.
:-)
Sat 01/05/04 at 18:13
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
This should be a brilliant match.
Personally, I'm backing Dott. Which was obvious. Anyway, yeah, Dott played excellently against Stevens - the whole match was so tense.
Wonderful, wonderful final frame. Good stuff.

So - who are you backing?
Roll up the idiots who say Ronnie.
:-)
Sat 01/05/04 at 21:00
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
The way I see it is that this will be much closer then if Stevens had gotten through.

Ronnie Vs Stevens would have been a quick match, and the way Ronnie is playing he would have walked it because Stevens would have tried to match him break for break...didn't work for Hendry.

I think Dott will aim to slow everything down, give very little away and make the frames fairly scrappy.

However, if Ronnie can hold his temper, even if the game does go scrappy and the safety wins it then I can't see Dott matching him. He has been incredible in his last few matches and has kept himself under control.

If Dott can make him lose his rag a little then I can see him winning in a close run battle.

My money is on Ronnie but I want Dott to do it.
Sat 01/05/04 at 21:22
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Going on ability, i would have to say Ronnie is going to win the match, and thats who i would like to, as he is just a joy to watch in full flow.

Saying that, all it takes is the odd kick and it can completely turn a match, setting one player off on a break and then before you know it he's so many frames ahead.

Has both the potential to be a land slide, or very close.

Depends who grasps the game the better.
Sat 01/05/04 at 23:02
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Pro Evo wrote:
> Has both the potential to be a land slide, or very close.

peronally i think it's pot luck...

*deafening chorus of groans*
:)

great potential to be an upset. i was backing whoever won out of Dott and Stevens. love to see graham lift the silver cup, but anybody's money has to be on the essex exorcet.
Sat 01/05/04 at 23:06
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I can't see dott winning it, he is not world champion material, i saw him at wembley and he was terrible, i expect it to be one of the most one sided finals in years, i'd like to see him win it but it isn't going to happen.
Sat 01/05/04 at 23:12
Regular
"The Red Shift"
an interesting point that john virgo said was that dott has a lot more conviction and pots more balls when he plays aggresively. i fear that he'll be cagey and playing safe in the final, which never works. if he randomly comes out firing on all cylinders then we could have a final on our hands.

personally ronnie will have an easy win in all likelyness.
Sat 01/05/04 at 23:14
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I've got to say how pleased i was that hendry got hammered, i cant stand him, not that i'm a great fan of o'sullivan either........
Sat 01/05/04 at 23:14
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I like Hendry

My fave player of all time. Steve Davis.
Sat 01/05/04 at 23:18
Regular
"Monochromatic"
English_Bloke wrote:
> My fave player of all time. Steve Davis.

Yes, same here.
Sat 01/05/04 at 23:21
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Especially when he plays now

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.