GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Grix's Bad Fur Day..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/04/01 at 17:57
Regular
...Grix is having a bad fur day, who is with him on his little conspiracy against the newbies? I would like to know!
I think Tony is backing him, as yesterday he said something against the newbies.

What are everyones views on newbies?
Tue 17/04/01 at 14:42
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Sniper wrote:
> newbies huh? Annoying they just want to win!

I know its terrible :)
Tue 17/04/01 at 14:39
Regular
newbies huh? Annoying they just want to win!
Tue 17/04/01 at 14:31
Regular
"everyone says it"
Tony when I relaunch my site, I will place banners all over the site. Is that good for you?
Tue 17/04/01 at 14:22
"High polygon count"
Back to my 'pet hate' I'm afraid...

It's not so much that newbies cover old topics (note the plural!), but that it always seems to be the one sole topic: console wars!

Have our schools got so bad that no original thought remains? :-)

The magazine PSM2, on their letters page, has two 'box-outs' - one says something like:

"Do write to us about: News, interesting finds, tips" etc.

The other says something like:

"Don't write to us about: Console wars, the death of Dreamcast, your aunt's hairy wart" etc.

Maybe there should be an intro page when you sign up for the forums detailing such things - or a sort of 'topic amnesty' period where you can't discuss certain topics until you're up to speed. :-)
Tue 17/04/01 at 14:05
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I think any newbie to the site as the right to start any topic on any subject they like. They can't be expected to go back through 5000 threads to see if it's been done before, and it gives the other newbies a chance to put their views on a topic that we've already discussed to death.

You never know, they might come up with a new twist that we haven't seen yet.

So I think free speech is the order of the day, even if it can get a bit annoying for the regular regulars. However, that's our problem, not the newbies' problem.

Afterall, it's everybody's forum to discuss whatever they like in terms of the Future of Gaming.

That's my view, but I'm sure we've discussed this all before several times.

My memory must be going...
Mon 16/04/01 at 21:47
Regular
I remember when I was first a newbie.

I wrote somethings, which now I look back upon, had clearly been done oh so many times before.

More recent newbies have done exactly the samething but got yelled at by some regulars because it's been done so many times.

I think that Tony should help things so that when people sign on to SR with an email address they have to read a quick message explaining that abusive behaviour will not be tollerated and long topics about console wars are not appreciated as they've been done many times.

Also remember to remind them that they might not win gameaday for a long time but keep trying and that they don't need to pollute the forum with topics to win gameaday.

You could give them tips on what sort of people to mix with (Nintendo fans to Grix, Sega fans to Dan2K1 and Sony fans to Ant for example).

After that you can leave it to us to shapen them into well knowledged, smart, witty SR regulars.

We wouldn't need to "pop" topics so much either!
Mon 16/04/01 at 18:56
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
pb wrote:
> I welcome them, and some of it may be my 'fault' anyway as I advertised how good FOG was on dooyoo the other day and got loads of hits.

WOW, thanks pb!

Hint - can some more of you do likewise?
Mon 16/04/01 at 18:47

>Bwrahahahaha

*Time_Warp puts the Game in a muzzle and the men in white carry him away* :¬)

Mon 16/04/01 at 18:44
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I like newbies, they don't make much sense, but like year 7 school kids they make you laugh...that Dave the Prankster guy was cool ha, remember that Grix....and er some others did actually write some decent reviews but as for your average newbie,...they aren't funny...just annoying.....'so throw them in the pit'

Bwrahahahaha

The Game
Mon 16/04/01 at 18:43
sorry pb!! :@)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.