GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Premiership Team of the Year"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 26/04/04 at 16:49
Regular
"Colourless"
[URL]http://skysports1.planetfootball.com/article.asp?id=199741&cpid=9[/URL]

I agree with most of them. However:

- Ruud Van Nistelrooy - I don't think he's had a great season to be honest.
- Lauren - Wtf. Scored a stunning own goal though, it must be said.
- Howard - I don't think he's been that good. I'd go for Lehmann definitely. Ha. Jaaskelainen, Niemi, or maybe Hislop.....Nah
- Cole - Nothing to do with who is a better player at all, but I think Bridge has had a better season than him.

Thoughts?

[Edit: Given's been pretty good]
Thu 29/04/04 at 12:38
Regular
"Colourless"
Solskjær wrote:
> He has still been the best goalkeeper in the Premiership this
> season.
> I mean, look around... While Shay Given has done well, looking
> at Howard's form, you can say he still could've done better.
>
> Arsénal, Chelsea, Liverpool... There just isn't a goalkeeper
> there who's been as strong and consistent all-season-long.

Cudicini's been injured. Thats the only reason I can see why he wouldn't have got it. Liverpool... well Kirkland and Dudek just seem to alternate on who gets a bad injury. And I'm not even gonna bother with Lehmann....

> I also agree with what you say about Ruud van Nistelrooy. He's still
> managed to hit a large number of goals in all competitons, but, in
> the league alone, this really has by far been his best season, has
> it.
>
> He could've done much better - as he has done in the past.

So its his best season by far, yet he's done better in the past. You confuse me....

> And, for me, I'd have chosen Alan Shearer, who's had a remarkable
> season of goal-scoring for Newcastle United.

Agreed. Elbow has been fantastic this season, and has shown there's still life in him yet...
Thu 29/04/04 at 11:54
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Just, don't get me started on Ashley HOLE....

:@
Thu 29/04/04 at 11:52
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I agree with Tim Howard for the huge part he played for the first three-quarters of the season before 'things started to change' (upstairs - due to the pressure, I believe) and Roy Carroll was drafted in.

He has still been the best goalkeeper in the Premiership this season.
I mean, look around... While Shay Given has done well, looking at Howard's form, you can say he still could've done better.

Arsénal, Chelsea, Liverpool... There just isn't a goalkeeper there who's been as strong and consistent all-season-long.

Lauren was a big shock too. However, we can only assume this is because he is playing for Arsénal, and that all the half-decent, proper full-backs (like Steven Carr) who've avoided injury lay-offs have been down the other end of the table.

I also agree with what you say about Ruud van Nistelrooy. He's still managed to hit a large number of goals in all competitons, but, in the league alone, this really has by far been his best season, has it.

He could've done much better - as he has done in the past.

And, for me, I'd have chosen Alan Shearer, who's had a remarkable season of goal-scoring for Newcastle United.
Wed 28/04/04 at 19:18
Regular
"Colourless"
Yes, because Colourless bases all his views on one match.

Therefore:
Wolves are better than Man Utd
Spurs are as good as Arsenal
And Chelsea are much better than both Man Utd and Arsenal

You ssh.

Middlesborough have been known for a while now as "boring boring Middlesborough." Chelsea are crap and sometimes boring, I don't just judge every team other than my own.

They have a very good defensive unit, and that is a big reason for their success this season. When teams such as Middlesborough, Birmingham etc go to other teams, they put 11 men behind the ball, and although this is effective, it is boring. They are both very good sides with great managers. And they have quality players. But they're style of whole team defence is boring.

And I try not to be biased or narrow minded so enough of the Colourless is a stoopid chelski t*sser comments.
Wed 28/04/04 at 18:58
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Middlesbrough aren't boring. They just play more defensive against the bigger teams, which are the matches of course that are highlighted, just because they have Man United or Arsenal or something in them.

Against other teams, Middlesbrough play fairly attacking, as their goal tally suggests. Just because they drew 0-0 with Chelsea they're apparently boring.

Now shh.
Wed 28/04/04 at 17:53
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Boro have been boring but in recent weeks they have looked decent in attack, Juniniho and Maccerone seem to have found form again with the added flair of Mendieta and Zenden they have started to put a few passes and looked the part.
Wed 28/04/04 at 17:46
Regular
The partnership of Southgate and Ehiogu is one of the best in the league, and with them having the ninth best away record in the prem i dont expect them to change the way they play.

They still managed to score 3 at old trafford and get wins at hard places like Villa and Southampton.
Wed 28/04/04 at 17:28
Regular
"Colourless"
I may be wrong, but I think its because they're boring. Boring Boring and they don't attack. They just stick 11 men behind the ball.

Someone should tell them that unless they score, they can't win. The other team's not gonna get minus points...

I thought having players like Mendieta and Zenden would make them good, but away from home they don't attack.
Wed 28/04/04 at 17:27
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Don or†ega wrote:
> Forest Fan wrote:
> I don't know how, but Middlesbrough always seem to end up with a
> brilliant defensive record
>
> I may be wrong, but i think its becasue they have a good defense!

Alright, alright. But if you look at their defense on paper it doesn't look nearly as impressive as the results it gets.
Wed 28/04/04 at 17:25
Regular
Forest Fan wrote:
> I don't know how, but Middlesbrough always seem to end up with a
> brilliant defensive record

I may be wrong, but i think its becasue they have a good defense!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.